the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Engines / Subbug - Subaru Power / Help, I need a link (2117 hits)
By Jay H (X-20) (ManxVair CC) Date 2008-02-07 14:24
I am trying to find the outback company. Isn't this a performance company for Subaru? The problem is whan I google it, I get anything with the subaru MODEL "outback".

Seems like a bad business decision to name a performance company after a model of the manufacturer you're trying to sell parts for, but whatever. maybe the business existed before Subaru came up with the Outback.

I'll never know because I can't find the website. I searched for "outback performance" as well as many other variants.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay
By @Jeff GS Date 2008-02-07 17:07
Jay,

They changed their name a while back - now called "Outfront".  Apparently there were some legal issues using the Subaru model name as their company name.  Definitely still around though:
http://www.outfrontmotorsports.com/homepage.htm

They may have had to eliminate any previous references (search engine links) to their old name/site.
Also, just be aware they are a "phone in your order" type company and definitely don't show all their products on the website.  If you're looking for something, don't be afraid to ask!

Cheers,
Jeff
By Jay H (X-20) (ManxVair CC) Date 2008-02-07 22:10
Thanks for the help Jeff. Albert mentioned Outfront in his post, but I thought that was a joke! LOL

Jay
Previous Next Up Topic Engines / Subbug - Subaru Power / Help, I need a link (2117 hits)