the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Announcements / DBA for mobile devices? (7561 hits)
By Paul Moran (DBA Architect) Date 2008-01-09 16:45
In the next month or so, I hope to adapt the DBA site for use with mobile devices. 

I really want to get the Buggy ID system working via phones so if you're at a buggy show, you can run through the Buggy ID process when you see a buggy that you're not familiar with. 

If you would like to help test out the site through your phone, please post a message here and I will put you on the list for beta testers.

Thanks,
Paul...
Chicago, IL
EMPI Imp 1002 ('69)/Subaru EJ20 Turbo/LinkPlus ECU
By Paul Moran (DBA Architect) Date 2009-02-27 04:45
The DBA is mobile enabled (to some extent) now.  If your using IE on a mobile device, you should see a stripped down version of the DBA site from a graphics perspective (not functionally).

I'm hoping this lets me surf the forums via my AT&T Tilt more frequently. I'm also using BeyondPod (http://www.beyondpod.mobi) to read the RSS feed for all the boards.  If I see a topic, I can "click into it" to see the full thread and reply with the slide out keyboard.

Anyone else getting their "dune buggy fix" via a mobile device?

Paul...
Chicago, IL
By Jay H (X-20) (ManxVair CC) Date 2009-02-27 19:34
I still have the old fashioned flip phone. I don't have the Web enabled. Will this work for all phones by simply enabeling the web portion of the phone? I recall trying the web portion of my previous phone and I wasn't impressed. I think I could only pick from pre-made addresses at the time.... Yahoo News etc etc. It wasn't like I could get a browser on my phone to type in a URL.

Is this something only accessable from higher-end phones? Sorry for the silly Q, but I'm not phone savvy really.

Jay
By Paul Moran (DBA Architect) Date 2009-09-24 03:58
I'd say the site will work best on higher end phones.  I can't imagine trying to respond to a message using the keypad on a regular flip phone.  Paul...
Chicago, IL
By Mike Ragonese Date 2010-02-27 21:06
I just tried it on my iphone and it all seemed to work the way it should
By Jay H (X-20) (ManxVair CC) Date 2010-02-27 22:20
Hey Mike,
I just upgraded to the Motorola Droid phone this month. The site is great on that phone as well. I should have upgraded to a more advanced phone a while ago.

Jay
By Paul Moran (DBA Architect) Date 2010-03-01 03:39
Thanks for the feedback!  Glad to hear the DBA is working well on the Droid and iPhone. I've been pretty happy with Windows Mobile access on the phone.

As show season approaches, please think of ways you could use your phone with the DBA for going to, being at or heading home from shows.  Jay is set up to track his drive to the Route 66 Rally using the GPS in his phone as well as broadcasting live video during the rally.  I think phones will open up a whole new experience to DBA members.  Paul...
Chicago, IL
By Richard C 4102 Date 2014-08-11 21:16
I tried but it asked me for a guest password.... phone problem not site.
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Announcements / DBA for mobile devices? (7561 hits)