the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Off Topic / Rants and messages / Bad business Volk shop (7827 hits)
By Jason F 4582 Date 2016-02-09 15:41 Edited 2016-02-09 16:10
I purchased this exhaust from Volk-shop.com. I even IM them and asked about it. Telling there what I was looking for. Thinking I was getting black ones with Chrone tips, as the picture shows, I bought them. I got my exhaust in the mail and they were all chrome. I emailed them twice letting them knew there wedsit was miss leading and that I needed to return them. Im attaching there return policy, something that is not available to view on there websit. I'm not made of money. This is very disappointing.

By Jeffrey P 655 Date 2016-02-09 17:22
So did you pay the $247+ and expected a black with chrome tips?

Are you sure they are chrome...and not ceramic coated?

Does your original order say "black with chrome tips"?
By Jason F 4582 Date 2016-02-09 18:48
Sorry in advances if  Im writing is hostile. I  did paid the 247+  expected them to be black with chrome tips. They are ceramic coated and in the add it mentions that they are available black with chrome tips. the only slip I got was attached to an emailed (attached)

I'm really taken back by there return policy. I've Not yet been able to find this policy on theit website.

By Jeffrey P 655 Date 2016-02-09 19:30 Edited 2016-02-09 19:54
Jason,

I don't want to be critical but if you paid $247+ for what you thought were black with chrome tips you didn't do your research. The black ones are usually around 1/2 (or less) than what you paid.

http://www.mooreparts.com/empi-black-dual-outlet-exhaust-fits-air-cooled-vw-engines/

Now if you were comfortable with paying the $247 you should really keep them because they are a lot better than the black ones. They will last a lot longer and look better for a long time as well. The black ones peel and rust quickly.

And here is their return policy. It is located on the bottom of their main page under "Terms and Conditions"

http://volks-shop.com/index.php/shiping?___store=default

And their web page seems pretty clear in the description. Sure the pictures are the same but the description clearly says one is black with chrome and one is ceramic:

http://volks-shop.com/off-road/baja-off-road-exhaust-2/buggy-exhaust-2
By AMAC1680 Date 2016-02-10 01:10
What he said.^
Keep the ceramic pipes. You'd be painting the black ones every other week.

AMAC
By Paul Moran (DBA Architect) Date 2016-02-10 13:17
Any reason you couldn't mask off the tips and paint them black yourself? If you do, I'd highly recommend Caterpillar (CAT) black exhaust paint. The stuff lasts a long time on hot headers. Paul...
Chicago, IL
EMPI Imp 1002 ('69)/Subaru EJ20 Turbo/LinkPlus ECU
By Jeffrey P 655 Date 2016-02-10 15:15
I would think you would have to give the ceramic coating a very good scuffing to get the paint to stick. And in my opinion that would be a crime.

If you don't like the finish you can sell them for $200, buy the black ones, and at least put some of your money back in your pocket.
By Kellison Jim Date 2016-02-11 00:10
I would keep the Ceramic coated exhaust or you return them. Even if there's a restock fee, you're saving money and getting what you want.
Kellison Jim
By Jeffrey P 655 Date 2016-02-11 04:32
I don't know.....20% restocking fee....so that's $50 right there. Plus you need to pay return shipping Which I would say might be $20+. You can probably sell it for $200
By Jason F 4582 Date 2016-02-11 15:54
I will keep them. they are growing on me. I know I've got a good product But that return policy is crazy. I emailed them and they conveniently emailed me back 10 day after I purchase . In response to my email I got a genetics email that has there return policy. I've yet to even find there return policy on there website.  It's passive. a scam. It took more then a week For me to get the exhaust. I invested in there buisness because I trusted the tech guy, I Instent Messaged. I told him what I was looking for. What company writes in there return policy that they are not reliable for error on there websit. On top of that charges 20% restock fee. It dont even matter if I do my reasurch because there is also a chance there info is not correct. I didn't buy nut and bolts. I bought a 200+ exhaust.
By Jeffrey P 655 Date 2016-02-11 16:25
And here is their return policy. It is located on the bottom of their main page under "Terms and Conditions"

http://volks-shop.com/index.php/shiping?___store=default
By Jason F 4582 Date 2016-02-11 18:49 Edited 2016-02-11 18:59
It must not show up on tablets/ I pads. I posted this to help others avoid Similar frustrations. That's all. I'm here to learn. I'm just sharing my experience.

By Lloyd B 2301 Date 2016-02-12 08:47
Jason, just my thoughts, but if you are keeping them, it is mostly a moot point.   Here is my thought.  Politely email them and tell them that you have decided to keep the exhaust, and also inform them that there "terms and Conditions" area does NOT show up on IPads.  Let them know that this condition is what led to your initial frustration at their "return" policy letter that they sent you.  Wish them a happy day, and move on with life, as the others have said, you got a good deal on ceramic coated pipes.  Make the best of it, and enjoy Your buggy!

Just my uneducated thoughts

Lloyd
Previous Next Up Topic Off Topic / Rants and messages / Bad business Volk shop (7827 hits)