the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / General Discussion / Radio Speaker Whine (959 hits)
By Vince P 3261 Date 2015-07-06 10:17
My buggy came with a JVC radio and a amp, four speakers. Over the time Ive had it , its had the alternator  whine. But it would come and go. Lately it has been back. I read up on it and they it might be  the ground. I found the head unit grounded on the post at the fuse block it had a shoddy connecter on it. My neighbor came over and put a new connecter on it and put shrink wrap on it. Well put it back on , whine gone, well crank it up about hour later whine back. Thinking of moving the ground to the pan near the radio so it will be by its self. There was another black wire on the same post traced it, it was the wiper motor ground. Put a new connecter on that to.
  I had a radio shop add a noise suppressor but that didnt help apparently. Any one had this problem Im not much on this radio and amp stuff. I read not to put ground with other grounds.  Also neighbor accidentally touched those two grounds together after they were disconnected from the post and it made a noise through the speakers.
Previous Next Up Topic Public / General Discussion / Radio Speaker Whine (959 hits)