the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / General Discussion / STICKY SITUATION (2088 hits)
By bob P 3255 Date 2015-04-22 22:15
I have been having a problem with who to will my Lil' Bugger to after my passing.  We have three equally great Sons, all of them being in their early 50's. All three were with my wife & I when we bought the original kit in San Diego in early 1968. The middle son has probably shown the most interest and has been a big help on it many times. I'm leaning toward him for that reason mainly. I need to get this settled. It won't need to be in writing, the boys are great.

Has anyone else had this come up?
By Ron S 3875 Date 2015-04-23 14:27
No mater how friendly your sons are, and I am sure they are a great bunch of kids, giving it to one will leave tensions.  Especially if not in writing.  I have seen those hidden it with wife's granddad, and then her father, I have seen several close friends, and am seeing it even with my moms last days causing tension in "family' heirlooms or items of meaning.
One thing I had suggested with my wife's father collectable is a buy out one buys out the two thirds share pay off of appraised value paying one third to each of the remaining two.  Winner pays losers gain monetary.   This worked well on several items.

Or it is put to bid between the three with same split of two thirds high bid.

Option put it up for public auction proceeds to split between the three (they can bid on it if desired) or take the money.

Or or provide in writing a 6-9 month timeshare each having 2-3 months of us and memories, then the three decide which method listed above will be followed per you last wishes with public auction being mandatory if they fail to come up with and agreement.

But giving to one at your word, being great kids the other two may agree to you face, but they will be hidden ill wills in two.
So avoid the one find a solution for three.
By bob P 3255 Date 2015-04-25 01:35
Ron, thanks for your thoughts on the matter. Each has their eye on different vehicles I have, so it will all work out.
By AMAC1680 Date 2015-05-06 22:21
I'd have myself burried in it. That would take care of the whole issue :-)

Be Big,
AMAC
Previous Next Up Topic Public / General Discussion / STICKY SITUATION (2088 hits)