the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Dune Buggy Build Advice / Need Some repair/restoration work done (3356 hits)
By Omar B 4250 Date 2014-11-18 00:43 Edited 2014-11-18 00:48
I'm look for someone who's good @ restoring Dune Buggies. I'm looking for someone who does this as a Hobby and doesn't charge shop rates.

Right now my buggy is running I had the engine and trans rebuilt @ VW shop in my area. The brakes and everything was sorted out. Its solid as far as drivetrain is concerned. Now Im looking to do some cosmetic work. I want to put a new gas tank in it as its got rust in the tank now or if you can remove the rst from the tank either will work. I want to install adjustable front kingpin to lower it 2 inches in the front. I want install a wiring kit and redo the electrical because its a mess now. New Starter/Alternator. I have some new seats I ordered that I would also like installed. Maybe install carpet/new glass/new roll bar while the seats are out. I'm sure when you start working on it you may find 1 or 2 things that must be fixed or replaced.Its winter now and I can tow the buggy to you as long as you have someplace to store it. I can wait for the buggy its no rush as long as its finished by March. I can purchase all the parts you need and have them shipped to your door. I just need a rough estimate on how much this type of job would cost for your Expertise and Labor. Just a rough estimate if its a few Hundred Higher in the end thats fine. I just cant afford the shop hours they were charging me.

If your in The NY tristate area I would be able to dropoff. I don't have the time or the tools and I'm looking to pay to have this done either in my garage or tow to a garage. I'm in North Jersey but willing to bring the Buggy to NY/PA/CT. If you work on Buggies in the NJ/PA/NY/CT area please feel free to email/call or text me. 973-664-7103 or o_broadway@hotmail.com

YES THATS JIM KELLISONS MARK II BUILD MY BROTHER BOUGHT IT AND ITS FLAWLESS. OUTSTANDING WORKMANSHIP!!!

Attachment: _57.JPG (571.5k)
By Tom & Kathleen I 639 Date 2014-11-18 03:20
My suggestion is to get in line at T J Kustoms on Long Island, NY.  He can do all of what you want.  It may cost a little more, but it will be right.  Tom
Tom & Kathleen Manxter #16, Kick-Out SS #16 & FiberFab Buggy
Manx Club #1030, CVA, RBC, SCCA
By Kellison Jim Date 2014-11-18 04:30
Omar, I miss my old Sportsman and regret selling her but glad she's got a good home! Enjoy her and thanks for the kind words, Jim
Kellison Jim
By Omar B 4250 Date 2014-11-18 04:42
Hey Jim long time no here. We rode the Sports man all summer. Never had any issues never had to be towed wish I got mines from you. Were watching and waiting for you to finish the Fox Scorpion so we can make DEAL then make that long trip out to Ohio and do some Bu$ine$$ LOL!
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Dune Buggy Build Advice / Need Some repair/restoration work done (3356 hits)