the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / General Discussion / Can't figure her out (2320 hits)
By rich p 4175 Date 2014-09-01 23:24
I bought a Dune buggy complete parts but not running I pulled the motor & sent the heads in for rebuild The shop says it isn't a 1100 motor because it has 33mm intake valves BUT the case doesn't have cam bearings so I don't know for sure what I got -The bore is 77mm pistons & when I ordered pistons & cyls they were to small on the OD but the right Cyl bore so I exchanged them for 1300cc cyl & pistons and that is right-Is a engine without cam bearings worth rebuilding for a street buggy ? Also the crank bearings are marked .075 so I assume that is not stock?--Thanks Rich
By Brad H 1498 Date 2014-09-17 14:29
IF the generator stand is separate, you have an early 1200cc 40hp engine. If it is part of the case it is a 1200cc 36hp engine. As far as rebuilding. As long as you are just building a cruiser they will be fine just make sure the cam bores are in good shape. IF you want any kind of performance find another case. The .75 means that the crank has been turned 3rd over, find another crank. Some pictures of what you have would really help a lot in identifying your motor

brad
Previous Next Up Topic Public / General Discussion / Can't figure her out (2320 hits)