the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / General Discussion / Any fiction readers out there? (2896 hits)
By BigDaddyHouseboater Date 2014-08-07 14:52
Hi y'all. My name is Dale Dow and I own a 1968 Sears Rascal buggy. I also happen to be a fiction writer with 3 published mystery novels to date. If you are interested, they are a series of "ghost - murder - mystery" genre, and can be purchased on Amazon.com. If anyone has a kindle or kindle app and would like them for free, I can email PDF's to your kindle. I only ask that you go to amazon and leave a review after you read them.

Hit me with a PM if you're interested. We can go from there.

Dale
By bob P 3255 Date 2014-08-13 23:13
Hey Big Daddy Dale,

I don't have one of those Hi Tek devices, but I do enjoy mysteries. I'll check with the kids (who are actually grown-ups now).  But I have actually been involved in a couple of "kinda mysteries". They were both so-called paranormal situations. One of them just aired on the Travel Channel's "DEAD FILES" series last Sat evening and it was titled "Demon War - Toledo". I was the Toledo connection in that I was the retired Homicide Detective from Toledo who was interviewed during the episode.

Kinda Kool, dontcha think...?
By Lloyd B 2301 Date 2014-08-14 05:40
Bob, Sorry I missed that episode, was at an auction and forgot to record.  Interesting show.
Lloyd
By bob P 3255 Date 2014-08-14 17:53
I can tell you that Dead Files Co-Host Detective Steve DiShiavi (NYPD, retired) is a real straight-up guy. He was great to work with. I never Amy (the Medium) as her part of the program and Steve's part do not connect until late in each episode.

They brought the Hollywood Film crew into the Toledo Police Museum on 2-2-14, Ground Hogs Day and we had
snow up the kazoo. It was fun just watching these kids do their stuff. They had a big crew and among them
were three camera guys filming from all angles.  The filming of my part took about 2.5 hrs. The episode aired exactly 6 months from the day it was filmed in Toledo. I was given a storyline to fill me in on the story. It was very interesting to say the least.

The entire episode is can be seen on YouTube, Dead Files, Demon War-Toledo
By Lloyd B 2301 Date 2014-08-15 00:13
Thanks, brought it up, will watch it once I get home from an auction.  Always looking for things to "turn" for a profit!
Previous Next Up Topic Public / General Discussion / Any fiction readers out there? (2896 hits)