the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Dune Buggy ID Help needed - X-Files / unknown steel body buggy please help (4234 hits)
By John L 3753 Date 2013-07-30 05:57 Edited 2013-07-30 06:10
Can anyone help identify this   buggy?  It's a early 60s shortened Vw pan with a covair engine. I also have the original soft top. It originally had a bus transaxle in it. It's registered as a special construction under sdbgy. Everything about this is very well made and appears to be hand made but possibly produced on a small scale. I have no info on the background of this vehicle. I have searched and searched online for any kind of photo or even mention of this and have found nothing. Please help!

By Lloyd B 2301 Date 2013-07-31 00:27
Where abouts are you located?  Where did you find this buggy?   Others may have better ideas, but I think you may have a 1 off  buggy.
Just my 1/5th of a dime
By ManxBug Date 2013-07-31 02:50
It's a little like an Empi Sportster but definitely different.
By John L 3753 Date 2013-07-31 02:57
I'm located in northern California. The original title is California based. I don't believe it's left the state. But it's too well made for there only to be one of. I've had it for 8 years now and I've never seen another one. It's been sitting since I originally got it. But just recently found the title for it. So I was able to register it and now the work begins! I'm doing a IRS conversion to it and replacing the starter, flywheel, clutch, wheels/tires, brakes etc. It's a wheelie machine though. I hope to have it back on the road soon
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Dune Buggy ID Help needed - X-Files / unknown steel body buggy please help (4234 hits)