the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Dune Buggy ID Help needed - X-Files / Date my Allison (2834 hits)
By Chaznsc Date 2012-11-20 18:21
Can anyone help me date the Allison year on my Green Machine?

By KC Date 2012-11-26 17:35 Edited 2012-11-29 13:36
Having a similar discussion about my Allison in my introduction pages.
It appears that the early bodies had a rounded nose and flat sides over the wheels. (like yours).
The latter ones have scalloped sides and a square nose. (like mine).
Do you have an Allison tag on the drivers side of the dash?
If so, I have a question for you.
-Also, my tail light housings are molded into the body, and I only use the bulb housings and the lenses from the beetle's rear lights. (the ones I have seem to be molded for the '68-'70 sized tombstone lenses).

This would lend credence that the late bodies occurred with the modified Nat. Safety regulations of 1972.

Thanks,
KC
By Daytona Ken Date 2012-12-05 13:43
KC is correct, you have the early body, after talking with Ali Allison ( Kens wife ) she wasnt sure of the years, I myself believe that the early body was from early to mid 60s, and a lot of buggy builders made changes for the IRS chassis that started in 1969 so I would say the later body style was from 69 but more likely 70 till he ended production around 74 to 75. This is only my best guess but I know it is close to correct.

Daytona Ken ........................
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Dune Buggy ID Help needed - X-Files / Date my Allison (2834 hits)