the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Dune Buggy ID Help needed - X-Files / New buggy and need some ID help... (2416 hits)
By KC Date 2012-10-26 01:16 Edited 2012-10-26 01:25
Sorry to make this my first post, but I am soooo green to fiber buggies.
Just got this one today and I cannot find a match on the Identfication generator...
Any way any help is appreciated, I would be interested in a hard top, and knowing the maker seems to be 1/2 the battle.
The group seems to be very friendly so I dediced to join up.
I have had (and have) many ACVW's but this is my 1st buggy.
The dash is molded into the hood and the licence plate cover appears to be a junkyard add on from another car. it is metal, but looks great.
It appears to be on a shortened pan, but I have not measured it.
Pan is a 1961 with a swing axel trans and a 40 hp.
The little recessed oval (scoop) looking area on the hood just above the front bumper is what is throwing me off.
All the other ones that I have seen with that molded in are more of a pointy front end, not a Manxish looking buggy.

Excited!
KC

Attachment: 121025_0001.jpg (136.7k)
Attachment: 121025_0002.jpg (120.6k)
Attachment: 121025_0004.jpg (95.3k)
By Daytona Ken Date 2012-10-26 11:53
First impressions to me  bring up the name Scat Cat, but looking in the ID i dont see Scat Cats, I have seen this type before at the show at Farmington drag strip in N.C before and I think they had a emblem that sais Scat Cat, could be wrong its early and sometimes my brain doesnt start working till lunch time, LOL, good luck
By KC Date 2012-10-26 19:09
Looked on the archives and they stated that they used to have some photos, sadly they seem to have died with the change over from Yahoo Groups. 
The verbal description describes the oval at the front as well as there being a few choices for the hoods.

Mike D'Angelo seems to have had one of these buggies. Is he still active?
Thanks,
KC
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Dune Buggy ID Help needed - X-Files / New buggy and need some ID help... (2416 hits)