the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Dune Buggy Classifieds / EMPI VW Manx style dune buggy street car - Lakeside, CA (3624 hits)
By Robin D 2063 Date 2012-05-05 17:11
We painted it, put in a new battery, gas, changed the oil (which was CLEAN), put in new spark plugs, pulled the valve covers and put oil on the valves, bled the brakes and now it RUNS and looks GREAT!!!!!! We fixed everything there was to fix. Speakers installed, needs a radio.

Now the price is $5000 because we did the repairs. Husband has been driving it up and down the dirt roads and it runs like a champ.

I have owned this since 1986. It's not a true Meyers Manx. Quiet, stock 1600cc engine. Registered 1972 special construction and does not need smog! It is non-oped, current and I have the CLEAN title in hand. Registration is about $45 a year.

STREET LEGAL. This will take you through the Anza Borrego State Desert Park where ATVs and motorcycles are not allowed to go. Desert rats and snow birds...this is your fun get-around buggy. Great for Superstition, Glamis, Gordon's Well, Buttercup, Anza Borrego, and Ocotillo Wells. I drove it for years at Ocotillo Wells and it was great fun.

Read more: http://sandiego.ebayclassifieds.com/other/lakeside/empi-vw-manx-style-dune-buggy-street-car/?ad=19016262#ixzz1u149erLU

By Robin D 2063 Date 2012-05-05 17:16
You can email at robindavis11369@yahoo.com.  This is my buggy...I've owned it since 1986 (as the ad says) and I need to sell it before I move to Texas.  Or I guess I'll have to come back for it later (I'm in San Diego County).  I don't want to sell it but I can't take everything and it won't fit anywhere.  I need the money to pay off a debt...so I'm firm on the price.  Has tow bar.
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Dune Buggy Classifieds / EMPI VW Manx style dune buggy street car - Lakeside, CA (3624 hits)