the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Regions / US Eastern Central / Four Years Since the Last Post Here, but I'll Try Anyway... (3290 hits)
By John M 2900 Date 2011-09-03 01:37
I live in Delaware and have nobody to play with (at least not until my kids finish their dune buggy).  If anyone happens by this board and wants to go buggying, please send me a message.
By Tom & Kathleen I 639 Date 2011-09-03 13:05
The weekend of Oct 14 - 16, there is going to be a Manx Club event on the Outer Banks of North Carolina in the Kill Devil Hills area.  Bruce & Winnie Meyers will be there.  There will be a beach run north of Corolla for capable buggies and a street run to see lighthouses in the south for the others.  Tom
Tom & Kathleen Manxter #16, Kick-Out SS #16 & FiberFab Buggy
Manx Club #1030, CVA, RBC, SCCA
By John M 2900 Date 2011-09-05 21:24
Thanks, Tom.  Will my FiberFab buggy be allowed?  Figured I'd better ask.
By Tom & Kathleen I 639 Date 2011-09-06 11:59
The Manx Club is not restricted to Meyers Manx original buggies only.  I had a FiberFab myself when I joined in 1999.  Any owners of fiberglass bodied (or pre-fibergass) buggies that are street registered can join the club.  We do not allow sand rails or Baja Bugs.  You do have to be a member (see Manx Club site http://manxclub.com/join.htm) to participate in offical Manx Club Events, such as this OBX event.  I would expect @ 20 buggies at this event.  Some of the west coast events get up to 120 buggies.  This is the 1st official east coast Manx Club event.  I hope to see you there.  Tom  
Tom & Kathleen Manxter #16, Kick-Out SS #16 & FiberFab Buggy
Manx Club #1030, CVA, RBC, SCCA
Previous Next Up Topic Regions / US Eastern Central / Four Years Since the Last Post Here, but I'll Try Anyway... (3290 hits)