the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / General Discussion / New Soft Top For Allison Dune Buggy (7644 hits)
By andrew s 1965 Date 2011-04-03 14:01
Today i am sending out my Allison Dune Buggy to have a soft top made for it.
This buggy has never had a top and we all know there is not any mail order tops available.
Our Allison has never had any holes drilled for a top and have gone over in detail with the man making the top that i want as few holes and snaps as possible on body and windshield. Will tuck under windshield.
I have reseached as much as possible and found several pictures of Allisons with tops along with pic's from Allison adds as well so wish me some luck.
Below are pictures from before and i will post more after.
it is amazing how fast the $$ add up on a buggy!!!

By andrew s 1965 Date 2011-04-07 23:43
I went to visit my buggy today and check on progress for soft top and so far so good. All the windows and sides will zip out so I can just leave the top on like a full bikini top. Will also have a hood to cover top when down. All the bars are custom bent and out of stainless steel so they look sharp.
I had to let him put more snaps in than i wanted but i was told it had to de done especially since we trailer this behind the rv at 70 plus.....
I hope to get back Saturday and will post pics soon as I can.
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2011-04-08 03:16 Edited 2011-04-08 03:30
Happy things are going well Andrew !!! I wonder what he would charge for a cover just for pulling in the elements ???? The pictures I sent you of the Allison at the beach had a really cool tornue cover for towing !!!!                       Ken...................

By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2011-04-08 03:33
Wow, sorry, I didnt mean to stretch out your site, even though I down sized that first picture it came up large and now I cant even edit it. Darn computers ! ! !                Ken.....................
By andrew s 1965 Date 2011-04-08 10:40
No prob Ken site is fine. As for top charge I do not have final cost and am getting lots of extras.....for mine. Not sure what he would charge for one in pic. I can ask if you want but think he would need buggy to do
By andrew s 1965 Date 2011-04-10 21:38
ok everyoine here is the new top for my Allison.
Frame made of stainless steel along with screws and snaps.
all custom bent.
Also a ton of zippers so I can unzip all or part and have a full frame Bikini top!!!
Had done at Bristol Upholstery in plymoth ct.
Great guy and great job.

By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2011-04-11 00:03
Looks nice Andy !!!                      Ken......................
By andrew s 1965 Date 2011-04-21 17:37
for anyone who is interested here is the link for the shop that did my buggy soft top!
http://bristolautoseatcovers.com/
Previous Next Up Topic Public / General Discussion / New Soft Top For Allison Dune Buggy (7644 hits)