the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Dune Buggy Build Showcase / my turbo buggy (3213 hits)
By john l 2308 Date 2011-02-16 01:42
this is my three year project,im not sure of make if anyone knows please give me any info.I will post pics as I go along.At this point ive put a new frame head,chasie support,floor pans,new ajustable front beam,adjustable spring plates.Im rebuilding the trans my self and I will post its progress ass i go.the cage is all most complete and will remove the body to finish welding it.then on to the assembley of the floor pan.the motor is done and im awating the turbo kit from a.j.sims motor is a 1915 with mofoco D.port heads im hopeing to run 14psi. of boost which should get me in the 200HP range ok Ive bored everyone enough more to come thanks for looking John
By Jay H (X-20) (ManxVair CC) Date 2011-02-16 02:50
talking PSI boost is NEVER boring! sounds like you're building a nice buggy. Why did you weld on a new frame head? Rotten? switching from K&L to BJ or vice-versa?

Welcome. Can't wait for pics.

Jay
By john l 2308 Date 2011-02-17 17:44
Thanks I plan to get some pics uploaded real soon. I replaced the frame head because of rust I live in pa. And all though I have several floor pans I didnt want to cut one up. I wish I would have though what a pain I have four buggies one I know is a Bcbee the body is painted it's for my youngest son,I have one I think it was done by fiber jet and the one I'm doing now is a elobo look alike but hood is like nothing I've seen before. Ok I'll get pics up teal soon thanks again john
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Dune Buggy Build Showcase / my turbo buggy (3213 hits)