the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Off Topic / Rants and messages / Where's my Chainsaw? (5434 hits)
By Kellison Jim Date 2011-02-02 01:56
As I sit here in the comfort of my home (8:50 PM EST) I can hear the branches on my trees snapping and falling. The rain and Ice is causing all kinds of problems here in SW Ohio. And as bad as it is, it is suppose to get worse overnight. Some radio stations said it could be the worse ice storm of all time. Last night I was up until 1:00 am taking the transaxle and front end off the buggy and standing everything on end so I could get my car in the garage. So as soon as I can I will be cutting up the branches. But the way it looks, it might me awhile!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kellison Jim
By Rick M 333 Date 2011-02-02 03:09
Yep... heading our way too. The last snow broke several large (think thigh sized) branches on one of our white pines. That poor tree is being denuded by the last couple years' snows, and I think tonights and tomorrow's rain/ice mix will be the end of it.
By Lloyd B 2301 Date 2011-02-02 03:25
Ahh! Firewood for next winter!  Here I sit in Idaho and think it's cold in the morning at 32 degrees. Haven't even had frost on the windshield for 5 days.

Lloyd
By Jay H (X-20) (ManxVair CC) Date 2011-02-02 04:15
I'm not trying to complain, but I thought going through military training in Texas during the winter would be a little like a vacation... at least from the cold. Imagine my surprise when I opened my door in the dorm this am, the wind blew snow in the room, and the ice that built up between the frozen door jamb and the steel door, meant that the quick blast of warm air somehow managed to allow more ice to form to the point that I COULDN'T GET THE DOOR SHUT! I had no choice but to use a plastic knife (thanks to the TSA and flying or I would have had my Buck) to chip away at the ice in order to get the door stinkin shut.

This is Texas?

Jay
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2011-02-02 04:54
Hey guys dont send that stuff to South Carolina, we have had 2 snows and I am ready for Dune Buggy Weather !!!!!  Jay I think you need to invest in a propane torch !!!  Jim dont let anything happen to your buggy !!!!!!!!!! And Lloyd WAZZZ UP !!!!! Brad where is your weather report ?????          Ken.............
By jim s 1837 Date 2011-02-02 11:19
This is Jim in Groveland Fl. Im not going to say anything bad because we had a wind storm come in last week and destroyed 2 houses about a 1/4 mile from me. Other then that we are starting to get our temps in the upper 70s I had the buggy out last weekend. Today temps low 80s with a 30% chance of rain. So either place its not good buggy weather.
Jim
By Funnybug Date 2011-02-02 12:43
I'm getting cheated out of snow this year.
bought a Wrangler and plow in  March ' 0h-10 because I'd spent countless hours snowblowing last winter.
Now that I have a plow... nearly nuthin :-(
By Jeffrey P 655 Date 2011-02-02 14:53
I need to walk to 200 feet to my shop through snow that is almost waist deep here in Mass. Right now its freezing rain and everything is shut down.

Worst winter here in years. We have a good 4 feet of snow on the ground not including what today will dump. And they are talking about more next week!
By Kellison Jim Date 2011-02-02 16:55
Power went out at 9:20 last night and a 2:00am where awakened by the sound of a large branch snapping and ripping our power line off the house. Luckly it it did'nt pull it out of the meter as there was one last clamp holding the line to the wall about 10"s from the meter. Power came back on at 11:30 this morning. This was only the 2nd time we didn't have to go into work in 28 years at Big Brown.
Kellison Jim
Previous Next Up Topic Off Topic / Rants and messages / Where's my Chainsaw? (5434 hits)