the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Announcements / Spam (2896 hits)
By Jay H (X-20) (ManxVair CC) Date 2011-01-15 17:00
We have been receiving an unusual amount of spam from a particular IP address lately. Typically I catch these, ban the user, and delete the post. Hopefully its before all of you read it, but that isn't always the case.

I banned a user last night (the same IP address) and in my haste to see what else we can do to fight this from happening, I lost sight of the fact that I never deleted the post.

I want to thank Rick M 333 for using the REPORT button... that brought it back to my attention this am, where I deleted the post.

If any of you see a post where something in the body is hyperlinked to a car parts web site (JCW isn't the only place this person from the Philippines links to) then please report the post so we can take action. Typically the post will have absolutely nothing to do with the discussion in the thread and will seem completely out of place.

We work hard to keep this site up, keep spammers off the site, and maintain a pleasant place for all to come and ask questions. Thanks for assisting!

Jay
By Kellison Jim Date 2011-01-15 17:20
Jay, I noticed 2 post from this Spammer with both linked to JCW.
Also, you were correct in deleting my "NO" to her reply.
Way to stay on top of things!
We be cool Jay, we be cool!
Kellison Jim
By Rick M 333 Date 2011-01-16 02:22
No problem, Jay. After all, that's what the button is for! I moderate two other forums, so I know what you guys face from time to time!
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Announcements / Spam (2896 hits)