the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Announcements / 2012 Dune Buggy Calendar. SUBMIT PHOTOS (locked) (5118 hits)
By Jay H (X-20) (ManxVair CC) Date 2011-01-07 03:13 Edited 2011-02-08 02:24
In another thread, a calendar was talked about. The DBA has done them in the past and its certainly to late to do anything for a 2011 calendar, but we can get a jump on a 2012 calendar.

Since there is no company chosen as of yet for the 2012 calendar, I don't have any image specs, but those super huge photos that make people comment with "resize" or something to that effect are the ones that would be suitable. I can do some cropping if requested. even some slight color correction, but we simply can't make a good photo from a bad photo. Blurry photos will never look clear. Grainy photos will never look smooth. you get the idea.

So, until I am told what the printing company has to have for a minimum resolution, begin thinking about your photo opportunities this coming buggy season. Try an artistic approach if you like.

At the moment, the following rules apply:
* The photo must be taken by yourself and by your submission, you are allowing its use in a calendar as well as on this site. That should go without saying...
* No people in the photos. We want photos of Buggys only. We have no provisions for model release forms here, so plan your photo around it.

EMAIL ALL PHOTO SUBMISSIONS TO: BuggyCalendar@gmail.com

Thanks
Jay
By Jay H (X-20) (ManxVair CC) Date 2011-01-15 01:23 Edited 2011-09-25 13:13
Pics Received:

#1: from: Rachel titled California desert rare snowfall 2011
#2: from: Andy - Silver Allison with "Bones" the skeleton
#3: from: Tom - Kathleen's Manxter with surfboard - Bonneville Salt
#4: from: Klrbee - Family camping trip, ABDSP Blair Valley loaded down
#5: from: Paul - Yellow T-buggy in driveway
#6: from: Leroy - Buggy in front of excavator
#7: from: Ken - Blue Allison Daytona
#8: from: Ken - Red Allison long body
#9: from: Andy - Silver Allison in the dunes
#10: from: John Serou - Blue buggy at Graceland with Little Elvis.
#11: from: Brad - Bonneville salt flat Canadian buggy
#12: from: Brian Boggs - black Clodhopper
             Hoping to get more than 12
#13: from: Robert Poiry - 1959 Roadrunner (low res pic will need better pic)
#14:
#15:
#16:
By Jay H (X-20) (ManxVair CC) Date 2011-09-07 02:33 Edited 2011-09-25 13:34
As you guys can see,we have enough pictures now to put together a calendar, so we are on the right track. Pre-sales are a little weak for my taste, but if anyone is able to spread the word to clubs, other web sites, etc... go for it.

Jay
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Announcements / 2012 Dune Buggy Calendar. SUBMIT PHOTOS (locked) (5118 hits)