the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Dune Buggy Model disscussions / Mysterious Berry Mini T+2 1964VW (5936 hits)
By bentoz19 Date 2010-08-15 03:30
Hello everyone.  I'm a new member and I'm looking for some expert knowledge.  I own a 1964 Berry Mini .  I'm sure it is a Berry b/c it is all original.  Serial number and Berry Mini T logos are all still stamped into dash (I've considered it might be a clone?).  My question about the body is about the rear quarter fenders.  In ALL the Berry advertisements from the 1960's the fenders swoop UP (see ad), mine curve OVER the rear tire and DOWN(see purple car). 
I'm wondering several things.  Why is this style so rare to find, in photos and in older ads?  I've seen so very few I'm wondering if they sold poorly? Did Barris olnly make a few?  Where can I find some info on this particluar body.  It's been driving me while since I found out that George Barris was the creator of my car.  It's been in the family for years and in 1995 I bought it from my uncle who had it tarped, neglected and forgotten in the woods.  My father and I spent the better part of fifteen years getting it back on the road.
Does anyone have any info on this Mini?  It's like my holy grail to gather all it's history.  Thanks everyone. 
~Cheers
Ben Toz

Attachment: dunebuggy_1.jpg (64.0k)
Attachment: minit69bsmall.jpg (78.0k)
By manxcraig Date 2010-08-24 01:23
I know Barris made the Barris "T Buggy" but I don't think he had anything to do with the Berry mini T, they look nothing alike. Check the buggy ID for pictures. The mini T was cloned by at least 2 otner buggy makers, John can tell you more.
By bentoz19 Date 2010-08-26 23:01
Thanks very much for the info.  I'm kinda starting at ground zero.  I've been pieicing together bits of history from word of mouth.  Talking to the experts is a huge help.  I hope to talk to John soon.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Dune Buggy Model disscussions / Mysterious Berry Mini T+2 1964VW (5936 hits)