the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Off Topic / Rants and messages / I GET A KICK OUT OF PEOPLE (8016 hits)
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2010-07-06 19:23 Edited 2010-07-06 19:26
NO I DIDNT SAY I WOULD LIKE TO KICK PEOPLE, but some people just tickle the he!! out of me, I sold this buggy friday July 2nd to a guy from Virginia beach, He said he almost bought it before I did from the guy I bought it from in NC, He said he layed awake at night dreaming about the buggy, and could have kicked himself for missing out on the buggy LOL, so he bought it from me, Well I took a beach trip that day and came back monday to his ad on craigslist, nothing to do with race I am not a racist but I didnt know I had a nephew that was forign I guess I need to check the family tree LOL. He used 2 of the pictures from the guy I bought it from and 2 of my pictures in his ad, guess he didnt remember it is a 1835 and not a 1865, any way looks like he knows a lot more about the buggy than me ROFLMAO,            Ken.......................  here his ad and his ??? pictures

1969 DUNE BUGGY STREET LEGAL. REBUILT TRAN AND 1865CC VW ENGINE WITH D - $6500 (VB VA 23452)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-07-03, 2:22AM EDT
Reply to: sale-qnrtm-1823621050@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SELLING FOR MY UNCLE'S 1969 DUNE BUGGY WHO WAS A RETIRED MECHANIC. DUE TO WIFE'S ILLNESS WAS FORCE TO MOVE AND UNABLE TO TAKE IT. HE WORKED, BUILT AND TOOK CARE OF IT.NEWLY PAINTED,RUNS GOOD. 4 SPEED TRANS. 95% FULLY RESTORED/COMPLETED. JUST A FEW MINOR FINISHING TOUCHES TO BE 100%.GOREOUS AND FUN RIDE/TOY. ID KEEP IT MUSELF. NUT I DON'T HAVE A GARRAGE. STREET LEGAL. REBUILT TRAN AND 1865CC VW ENGINE WITH DUAL WEBBER CARB. FAST AND FUN. MUST AND WILL SELL FAST. NO JOY RIDE PLEASE. SERIOUS AND READY TO BUY WITH CASH BUYERS ONLY. 757-717-2070
DON'T WASTE TIME CALLING UNLESS YOURE READY TO BUY. IT'S A MANS ONE OF A KIND TOY I DON'T HAVE TIME PLAY ANY GAMES. WILL NOT RESPOND TO EMAIL. GOOD LUCK

By Joe M 1979 Date 2010-07-06 19:49
wow what a jock that is what did you sell it to him for i mean if he bought it and told you he was gouind to sell it that would be different i have bought many buggys in the past though it is due to the man not wanting to sell parts very understandable though i told them i only wanted a certain part man that is messed up you should call act stupid and see what the lowest he will sell it for is and offer him cash for what he bought it for and see if is stupid or what it could be a good lol
By Phil T 570 Date 2010-07-06 20:26
I don't know whether that is just sad or hilarious. Both, I guess!
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2010-07-06 23:58
I really dont care I made 700 on it - gas to get it, The funny part was just how bad he wanted it to keep, and how he dreamed of it nights and couldnt sleep LOL, I HAD A GUY BUY A GOLD BUGGY FROM ME THAT ACTED LIKE IT WAS HIS SON EMAILING ME, THAT ONE GOT LISTED ON EBAY 2 DAYS LATER and sold for 5200 LOL, BIG TONKA KID LET ME KNOW IT WAS IN RHOAD ISLAND AND THE GUY THAT BOUGHT IT FROM ME STILL ACTED LIKE HIS SON KEPT IT AND DECIDED NOT TO SELL IT, Like I said it really doesnt matter but I would like to see people advertise HONESTLY. THAT IS WHAT I DO, AND I AM UP FRONT WHEN I BUY AND SELL THAT I BUY AND SELL THEM, I ALSO DISCLOSE ANYTHING NEGATIVE OR GOOD THAT I KNOW ABOUT THE BUGGYS, WHAT WOULD IT HURT TO BE HONEST TO BOTH PARTIES, OH WELL I GUESS IN THIS WORLD THERE IS A LOT WORSE THINGS GOING ON  SO I WILL OUIT THA BITCHIN.                     Ken..............
By Kellison Jim Date 2010-07-07 02:09
Hey Ken! Maybe your selling then too cheap and you should stop selling them wholesale. LOL

I was just telling Phil T yesterday about a guy I know who drag raced a 32 Ford Coupe as a kid back in the early to mid 60's. And them found it for sale about 3 years ago and told the guy how bad he wanted his old car back, what it meant to him, the memories, yadda, yadda, yadda. I saw it in his garage a couple of days after he got it. (this thing was sooo cool and looked just like it would have 45 years before. It sat since 1970.  Anyway, about a month later I ask where it is and he smiles and points to his new Willy's. (phil, I think it was the one we saw on Sunday) I find out through my ex-brother in-law that he had the deal in the works before he even bought the 32 Ford that had sooo many memories. Anything for a buck!
Kellison Jim
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2010-07-07 02:32
Hey Jim I have wanted a Kellison buggy like yours all my life I am 15 years old and have been saving my allowance and cutting grass since I was 2 years old, I have 800 dollors saved up can you sell me yours LOL.          Ken...................
By Kellison Jim Date 2010-07-07 03:31
We need more hard working little boys like you Kenny. I don't understand one thing! In the photo you sent me, you had a full beard. But you seem to be an honest boy and would never tell a lie to an elder. And since you don't drive I would be happy to trailer it to S.C. at no charge!
God Bless you Lil Kenny, God Bless you!
P.S. Be sure to scan your daddy's credit card and email it to me.
Kellison Jim
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2010-07-07 10:10
THAT IS HILARIOUS, WHEN YOU BRING THE KELLISON I WILL TAKE YOU TO THE COMEDY CLUB IN MYRTLE BEACH, AW MAN IM TO YOUNG TO GET IN LOL, BRING THAT PICTURE AND I WILL MAKE ME A FAKE DRIVERS LICENCE,              KEN.............
By Kellison Jim Date 2010-07-07 16:01
I could take this a little farther but it's starting to sound a little pedophileish. What ever happened to the good ole days when you didn't have to be politically correct and you could offend anybody and everybody, including ones self!

Will actually be in MB area in August. We rent the same beach house each year in Surfside Beach about 1/2 mile north of their pier. Our favorite place to eat is River City Cafe.
Kellison Jim
By Brad H 1498 Date 2010-07-07 16:30
Wadda ya mean? I still speak my mind and offend people. I'm at the point in my life where I don't care!!! If you're an idiot or an a$$#### I'll tell you. I hate politically correct a##holes. I'm also the punchline of most of my jokes.

brad
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2010-07-07 16:30
Yea what you said Jim, I have a cousin and his 2 daughters that all have houses in the surfside area, Our vacation place is in Cherry Grove last beach in North Myrtle Beach before you go over the waterway toward Little River SC and Calabash NC, River City Cafe is a great restaurant we eat there and like Elas at Calabash for seafood, and Oscars and The Club House in North myrtle and Ocean Drive Beach, Have a good vacation maby we will run into each other do you take the buggy with you ?      Ken..........
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2010-09-01 16:45
UPDATE : The guy put it on EBAY with the same sad story LOL, it sold for 3550 if he sold it at all ?????
Previous Next Up Topic Off Topic / Rants and messages / I GET A KICK OUT OF PEOPLE (8016 hits)