the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / General Discussion / registry of dunebuggy in Georgia (2983 hits)
By Brian B 2230 Date 2010-06-15 12:49
i just came upon this site.  the tag office in Georgia advised me today that dunebuggys are not licensable.  any suggestions out there, possibly licensing it as a vw?
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2010-06-15 13:15
I have bought 3 from GA and 2 from AL they were all licenced as the year of the vw of what vw chassis they had been built on, one state doesnt title cars from 85 back and the other doesnt title them from 75 back, to buy one from there in SC you have to take a SC bill of sale and have current registration for the car and have a copy of the GA or AL law on a DMV letter head. Even having all of that paper work SC has put 120 day liens on the cars I bought from those states, Just a money rip off if you ask me because then after the 120 days are over you get to go back to SCDMV AND PAY THEM AGAIN AGAIN TO GET THE LEIN OFF THE FIRST TITLE THEY ALLREADY CHARGED YOU FOR, IT ALSO TIES THE CAR UP FOR 120 DAYS, THATS 4 MONTHS TO ME !!!!!!! JUST MORE OF GOVERNMENT RIPPING OFF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK I WANT GET INTO poliTICKS , TICKS ARE BLOOD SUCKERS YOU KNOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!          Ken..................
By Richard A 2364 Date 2010-08-24 23:41
As Ken said, the year of the VW they were built from. Use the VIN from the frame.
Previous Next Up Topic Public / General Discussion / registry of dunebuggy in Georgia (2983 hits)