the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Off Topic / Rants and messages / Old man complaining here (3021 hits)
By manxcraig Date 2010-06-12 16:36
OK, in the last week I've seen two buggys with Manx badges that were clearly not Meyers cars. When I sugested to one of the owners that he might enjoy the DBA site and find out what his buggy really is he told me that Manx's were worth more so the badges were going to stay!
I'm the first to admit that the fun factor is the same in all buggys, and I'd love to have a Terra-Buggy as a second car for the Indiana conection.
What is wrong with enjoying your buggy for what it really is?
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2010-06-12 20:04 Edited 2010-06-12 20:17
Didnt you know they are all Meyers Manx LOL, I know what you mean, when I sold my real Manx on ebay allmost everyone else selling buggys at the time where advertising non Manx buggys as Meyers Manx, or Meyers Manx style, unfortunately I  mispelled Meyer ' MYERS" so the only real one on ebay at the time didnt even come up if you searched Meyers Manx, only the fake ones, and some were not even a copy, no where near a copy,  I now have another real one now but the plate is missing only the 4 rivet holes left where it was, and I dont have the badges, Were does the guy live with the badges on the fake LOL JUST KIDDING, He can take those badges and shove  them up his exaust pipe, ONLY KIDDING well maby not.                   Ken.....................
By Jay H (X-20) (ManxVair CC) Date 2010-06-13 13:10
I can't think of any reason not to enjoy your buggy for what it really is. Heck, I've had UWISH buggy for 4 years now and even though it is STILL an X-file (unknown body) I have had more stinkin fun in the thing! Every once in a while I get to thinking how I wish I knew more about the body, especially since I am part of the DBA team, but then I wouldn't have anything in common with all the X-file owners out there! :-)

Once I get my ManxVair together and on the road, I'll be able to tell you if they both turn the same amount of heads.

Jay
Previous Next Up Topic Off Topic / Rants and messages / Old man complaining here (3021 hits)