the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Dune Buggy Model disscussions / mark dist. corp body (4490 hits)
By Kenny U 2150 Date 2010-04-27 02:44
Just purchased a body with an id inlaid in the fiberglass. It looks to  be on paper on the rear of the back seat above and to the left of the transaxle.  It just has mark dist. corp and the serial number. thanks for any help, Kenny (twister sandrail)
By glassbuggy Date 2010-04-27 04:56
Interesting, Post some pics and I'll see what I have to match up to it.
Bart
By manxcraig Date 2010-10-18 02:02
This is the same buggy type as kelison jim in Ohio is rebuilding, he has a thread i the buggy build thread.
By Kellison Jim Date 2010-10-18 02:24
Craig, thanks for bringing this thread to the top! I'll have to check under the body for the ID tag.

Kenny, let me know if you need the decal that went on the nose of your Mark II.

http://www.dunebuggyarchives.com/forum/topic_show.pl?tid=2706
Kellison Jim
By manxcraig Date 2010-10-18 03:55
Jim, look for a busness card imbeded in the fiberglass, in the rear seat back, just in front of where the oil cooler would be on a type 1 engine. I hope that made sense.
By Kellison Jim Date 2010-10-18 12:31
It sure did! I'll check tonight when I get home from work.
Kellison Jim
By Kellison Jim Date 2010-10-19 03:07
Craig, no luck finding the tag. It's very possible that it's under some of the undercoating. The body is still under a tarp under my deck while I work on the pan. Some really crappy welding on this one. Once I start on the body, I'll try to get some of the undercoating off to locate the tag.
I sent you a PM a couple weeks back in regards to the brochure you have on the Sportsman.
Kellison Jim
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Dune Buggy Model disscussions / mark dist. corp body (4490 hits)