the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Dune Buggy Model disscussions / Original Boss Bug Molds (6288 hits)
By Eric F 2056 Date 2010-03-06 22:30
I have recently acquired the original molds for the Perfect Plastics Boss Bug, including side panels, hood, fiberglass dash, and Hard Top. I am working on refurbishing the molds, they are almost 50 yrs old! I will have bodies available in the next few months, with the rest to follow shortly after.
This is truly a great buggy, one of the best ever made. I am also working up a body with carbon fiber skin. If anyone is interested, contact me at eric.fussenegger@mac.com.
By Jay H (X-20) (ManxVair CC) Date 2010-03-08 03:29
Eric, I wondered about the feasibility of carbon fiber as opposed to fiberglass.  I'm not in the market, but it did cross my mind as a possibility.

When you do make the carbon body dune buggy take tons of pictures! :-)

Jay
By Eric F 2056 Date 2010-03-18 09:43
Jay,
I think it would look sweet! Planning on a carbon / glass composite, not full carbon. The trick will be getting the carbon to lay down nice and straight. I am months away from making a body, this is a spare time project right now. I'm planning on putting up some pics of the molds soon.
-
Eric
By Jay H (X-20) (ManxVair CC) Date 2010-03-19 11:15
Well, I know how these plans can take time. I bought a pretty rare buggy for my second build, and all I've do to it so far is collect needed parts. When you do get around to it, don't forget to post an update for us.

Jay
By Jim M 2722 Date 2011-06-17 03:16
Eric, i'm reworking a very rough boss bug. Any good news on those molds? I was thinking about taking a mold from this body.

Let me know. Thanks.

Jim
By Matthew H 2707 Date 2011-06-18 12:28
I am building a second car also as my first is a orginal Boss Bug that I purchased from a guy out of Indiana.  The car was built for him and it did come out of Kensington PA from Perfect Plastics.  I would also be intrested in a body also.  I need to talk to you Eric to see what is going to be avalible.  I am in PA also.  I will contact you by way of your email that you listed also.  Thank you, Mr Matt
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Dune Buggy Model disscussions / Original Boss Bug Molds (6288 hits)