the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / General Discussion / dune buggy addicts (Page 5) (217229 hits)
1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next  
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2012-03-09 15:10
My old neighbor has wanted the 65 bug since the day I bought it, I promised him first chance at it when I got through with the improvements I wanted to make, he came over the other day and drove it and says I have to have it !!!! , WELL but first he had to do " WHAT ", you got it " ASK HIS WIFE ", 2 days later he calles and says she want let him buy it. JEZZZZZZZZZ  !!!!! Men need to take off the skirts, take their pants back from the wives and put them back on, JUST SAYING, no hate mail please. LOL
( PS its now on the samba and craigslist ) I allready had a call from a guy in Florida wanting to trade a dune buggy and cash, hum sounds familiar.

Allison Daytona Ken ..................................
By ManxBug Date 2012-03-11 00:07
You forgot the link to the ad.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1274379

Very nice. I wish it was closer and I had the room.
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2012-03-11 01:50
Thanks Manx bug !!!
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2012-04-08 01:07
WOW, I cant believe how bad craigslist has gotten with Spam, and Scam, and people that waist your time wanting pictures, and ask question after question and say they are coming to look drive and buy, LOL Yea right, they never even show up or have the decency to call you back or answer your call if you call back to see what happened to them. I know this doesnt apply to everyone but for 3 weeks only one couple came that said they were coming actually came to look and drive,and only thought they wanted a older bud, they decided to go a different route and that was a good decision seeing as they were looking for a daily driver and had a small child in a car seat.

Good news is my girlfriend put the 65 Beetle in the VW show today and got 2nd place trophy out of 39 bugs, not bad for a mostly original older restoration car, held its own pretty well !

By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2012-04-08 01:12
OH YEA I hate to be a smart azzzz but heres a picture of the bug for the ones that waist peoples time, LOL

By Brad H 1498 Date 2012-04-09 06:09
I would rather shove red hot (insert favorite sharp instrument here) through my eyeballs than sell a car. Luckily I know a couple of guys who get sick enjoyment out of it so if I am selling something I give it to one of them.

We don't have craigslist, we have kijiji, same thing, free adds. I give times things can be veiwed (ie Saturday 10am till noon) and don't aswer emails, only phone calls. no exceptions, my time doesn't get wasted with internet trolls and I've never had a problem selling things.

brad
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2012-04-09 13:54
This is so true Brad. so true !!!
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2012-04-17 15:33
1965 Beetle has a new home, A young man in the Army from Fayetville N.C wanted to buy a 65 because that was the first car he ever owned, he typed in 1965 Beetle and low and behold mine came up, so another great car put with a good home !!!

Allison Daytona Ken ...........................
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2012-05-01 19:47
Little bit of a sad day in my life, " Blue Moon Dune " IS SOLD........ She will be headed to New Jersey in a couple weeks, going to miss her but I still think my decision to cut back and concentrate on my 1940 Hudson street rod is the right thing to do, and anyway to look at the bright side, I still have my Shriner Allison Daytona and Mom still has the gold Allison.

By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2012-05-27 23:49
Making some improvements to Blue Moon Dune before she makes her trip to New Jersey, applied some candy apple blue and clear to the front, Had my racing buddy pull the engine to inspect the rear for any leaks, also put more bend in the shifter tube so it would be smoother in 1st gear, changed out the exaust with the one the new owner ordered, all that is left is to install some carpet and put the original Alliosn tag bracket on the rear.

By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2012-05-28 00:00
Also to let my DBA buddys know I traded my 2 classic cars for 2 different classics, traded the Mustang and Hudson for a 1969 Chevy truck and a 1932 Ford Truck, had to pay difference to get the 32 Ford ( darn I could have bought a buggy with that money ) allready traded the 69 for a one family owned 1972 Corvette, Heres some pictures, I havent taken pictures of the Vette yet but it looks like this gold one, Also so lookers of my Dune Buggy Addicts page I am supposed to go look at another Allison Daytona this week, HUMMM I wonder if it will start all over again ????????

By jim s 1837 Date 2012-05-28 18:56
Ken, Thats a nice looking corvette, I'm glad that you have one again.
Jim
By Brad H 1498 Date 2012-05-28 19:03
I woulda kept the '69 LOL but that's just me. I had a 69 with a straight 6 that I drove for years. Loved it. The hood came up to my belt buckle. Rode like crap but looked cool. Nice looking 'vette. The Ford is a great ride too. Would look nice against an all white surface with some mountains in the back ground....hint hint....:-)

brad
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2012-06-15 00:51
Bye Bye Blue Moon Dune, well shes made it to her new owner in New Jersey, Im going to miss that buggy but with the slow economy and having the Shriner Allison Daytona I felt it was best to move on, it was great to bring the buggy to another level and hopefully John will take care of the finishing touches, Live long and prosper " Blue Moon Dune " !!!!!

By Leon R 2038 Date 2012-06-17 12:44
I swear I saw this buggy driving Rt 44 in Putnam Ct. yesterday afternoon it went by Tractor Supply 2Xs in about a half hour right around 1 PM. I knew I had seen that buggy here but couldn't remember who owned it. I was doing a Blacksmithing demo in the parking lot roadside so got a good look at it.If I'm wrong on this there is an exact or almost exact twin running in this area because I was sure it was Blue Moon Dune from reading here.
Leon
By Kellison Jim Date 2012-06-17 14:08
First I thought it might be Andrew's (Who lives in Ct.) but his is torn down at the moment, I think. Maybe the guy took a wrong turn.

Kellison Jim
By andrew s 1965 Date 2012-06-17 21:06
mutst be a 150 mile wrong turn.
Yes ours is no pieces................
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2012-06-17 23:18
Well I dont know where all it went but it did end up at Johns house in New Jersey, I had my doubts though, look at that one picture of the right side tires on that rig, they were slick as glass, and the trailer was a 3 axel trailer but the front 2 tires were missing on the front axel, It was a scetchy feeling to say the least to send Blue Moon Dune off on that hauler !!!!

Allison Daytona Ken ........................
By Brad H 1498 Date 2012-06-18 14:04
The rims are wrong too.

brad
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2012-06-18 14:56
Leon it probably was Blue Moon Dune, the driver said he was picking up more cars and I dont have a clue where they were being delivered, I asked the driver if he was buying tires and he said he was probably buying a another rig when he got back ( hope so ) LOL
By Daytona Ken Date 2012-07-27 02:42
Im back !!! old password wouldnt work and couldnt get the new ones they sent me to work either so I created a new name and password, Buggy world has been slow for me but I did finally get the street rod I wanted, traded the gold Vette and the 32 Ford and some boot for my newest toy, 1940 Ford with chopped top.

Allison Daytona Ken..........................

By Brad H 1498 Date 2012-07-27 12:24
You lucky Ba@#$%^!!!!!!! NICE CAR. I hope it's as well put together as it looks in pictures. Seriously  COOL

Ya know, that car would photograph real well on an all white surface.....maybe with some mountains in the far distance behind it.....

Nice score Ken, Congratulations

brad
By Daytona Ken Date 2012-07-27 13:34
Thanks Brad, making a few changes to it, ordered Fatman's shortened A Arms, and changing to Torq Thrust II wheels, once i get that done I know of a old white wooden service station that im going to get pictures of with the Ford.

Allison Daytona Ken ...................................
By Brad H 1498 Date 2012-07-27 14:28
Those wheels will look a lot better than the Welds that are on it. Good choice... Have fun. What's in it for power?

brad
By Tom & Kathleen I 639 Date 2012-07-27 18:28
Nice Hot Rod.  It is hard to chop a 39 -40 and make it look good.  That one looks good.  I bet is has a small block Chevy in it.  Tom
Tom & Kathleen Manxter #16, Kick-Out SS #16 & FiberFab Buggy
Manx Club #1030, CVA, RBC, SCCA
By Daytona Ken Date 2012-07-27 23:58 Edited 2012-07-28 00:01
Thanks Guys, you got it Tom its a 350 chevy with 700R 4 speed automatic. cleaned up the Torque Thrust today and got the rears on it, cell phone picture and its blurry but will give you a idea what they will look like, Fatmans A Arms should be here by monday and then its off to the front end shop. I also may want to take the 225-70-15s off the rear and put the 235-70-15s that are on the prostars and space the Torq Thrust out 1/4 inch, not sure about the front tires yet the ones that are on the front Torq Thrust are 215-70-15 may be a little to big ? Will probably buy spinner center caps for the Torq Thrust. Also have LED tail lamps coming for it.

Lightning Lee...................

By Daytona Ken Date 2012-08-24 20:00 Edited 2012-08-24 20:02
Still kicking !!!!! Latest dune buggy transaction, I had a gentleman in Northern Michigan contact me about selling his 1973 Memphis Tenn. Allison Daytona shriner dune buggy, YEP one of the sister cars to mine. I was contacted by another gentleman from Kentucky wanting to buy a nice buggy, been working on this deal with both of them for the last 6 to 8 weeks and it worked out for both of them, Allen went to Michigan and purchased the buggy from Bud so here is Allen in his new pride and joy.

So I guess we can call this # 39 Allison Daytona Shriner dune buggy.

By Daytona Ken Date 2012-10-21 03:59
And thats whats it all about, good people , good buggys, good times, Farmington with the Bugs or Blueridge mountains on the Bikes, dosnt matter as long as you are having FUN !!!!!! !
By Brad H 1498 Date 2012-10-21 14:57 Edited 2012-10-21 15:03
That's what it's all about brother! If it's not fun, why bother......

Those wheels look killer on the '40 Ken, much better thatn the ones that it came with. A question for you. How much curve is on the back of the '40 stock taillights? A friend at work was thinking of putting them on his 53 Merc pickup. I also think they would be cool on the fenders of my military themed 57. They kinda look like Corporals stripes.

I've been contemplating putting my buggy up for sale on and off for a month or so. But then I think of our 18 year history together and I'm unsure. I also don't know who's willing to spend the money I'd be asking. Trouble is,  I've also found an original, tagged, Bounty Hunter. Possibly my favorite buggy of all times. It's complete less the T-tops but those would be an easy mold to make. It's not cheap, but it's all there.

brad 
By Daytona Ken Date 2012-10-21 19:26
I also have allways liked the 40 Ford tail lamps, Thats another thing I changed on my 40 I went to the new LED 40 Ford tail lamps they are much brighter. Dont quite know what curve is on them the picture above shows them pretty well if you need me to I could put it on paper and mail it to you. I would imagine selling your buggy would be hard to do its like family, but if you have your heart set on the Bounty Hunter GO FOR IT !!! Have a god one my friend and I would imagine the Bounty Hunter might cut the air better for the salt flats.

Daytona Ken .........................
By Brad H 1498 Date 2012-10-22 14:07
Can you just shoot a picture from the edge of the lens showing the curve?

Thanks Buddy

brad
By Daytona Ken Date 2013-02-15 01:04
Going to look at a dune buggy tommorow, Wonder what will happen , will I be a dune buggy addict again, stay tuned SAME DUNE BUGGY STATION, SAME DUNE BUGGY CHANNEL, DA, DA, DA, DA, DA, DA, DA, DA, DA, DA , DA, DA, BUGGY MAN !!!!!!!
By andrew s 1965 Date 2013-02-15 01:33 Edited 2013-02-15 01:35
Ken you could twist my arm and buy an Allison or two if really wanted"...........
In stock no waiting ....
By Daytona Ken Date 2013-02-15 17:34
No # 40 yet !!! The buggy I looked at wasnt what it was supposed to be, owners son told me one little hole at the battery but the whole pan was toast, along with a broken windshield, here is the one I lookes at so # 40 will have to wait !

By Daytona Ken Date 2013-07-01 21:30
Well the day has come to say goodbye to my Shriner Allison Daytona, After selling Moms gold Allison to Vince in Ga. he called me wanting a long body buggy so he would have more room for his family, seeing how i knew it would have a great home i agreed to take back Moms on trade and let him get mine. Very mixed feelings about letting it go, well the bright side is i have a few dollors in my pocket and still have a really nice Allison Daytona, Vince wanted to buy the original steering wheel i had but i put it on the Gold one, Goodbye old friend enjoy your new family !!!

Allison Daytona Ken ..................................

By Daytona Ken Date 2013-10-10 20:24
Its been a long time since i have bought a buggy but the day has come here is # 40 Berry T, Original red metal flake gel coat, rebuilt motor, nice pans, LOL she even still has the 8 track tape player under the dash, i plan to change out the wheels and tires, put on wiper arms, add rear view mirror, and put the front seats on sliders, so here she is # 40 BERRY T

By Paul G Date 2013-10-10 21:16
That is very cool! I think the Mini-T4 is a sharp full length pan buggy. It looks like the original gel coat is in good condition too. You have a nice little time machine on your hands.
By Brad H 1498 Date 2013-10-10 21:27
Nice "wayback" machine. Good score!!!

brad
By andrew s 1965 Date 2013-10-10 23:41
nice ride Kenny
I bet you have a stack of 8 tracks ready for the Sunday ride!!
By Daytona Ken Date 2013-10-11 03:00
Thanks guys hope you have all been well, I actually threw away all my 8 tracks a while back didnt know i would need them, lol, its my first buggy buy in a while, I am going to do a brake job all the way around to be safe, i didnt take any tools with me, we had to stop at a auto parts and buy a set of vice grips, someone had rounded off the bleeder on the lt rear, I ended up having to cut the brake hose to let the pressure off the cylinder but she made the hour trip hoime just fine after that. Besides a few small scratches i need to touch up with red candy apple and clear it is the nicest original gel coat i have on any of the buggys i have had in modern days, NICE
By Daytona Ken Date 2013-10-12 21:47
wheels THEY DO A BUGGY good

By Daytona Ken Date 2013-12-01 03:08
# 41 Allison Daytona long body project buggy. Picked this one up in Columbia S.C needs a lot of love but a real solid start, pans and chassis are great, has a 1600 DP motor with pinto 2 barrel carb, and was a factory built Allison from the early 70s, this one will make someone a nice cruiser when restored !

By Brad H 1498 Date 2013-12-06 14:06
Still goin strong huh???? Glad to see you're still doing the buggy thing. Are you going to restore this one or just pass it along as is? I don't think I've seen 41 buggies in my entire life LOL.

Cheers, brad
By Daytona Ken Date 2013-12-07 02:52
Brad she allready has a good home, the gentleman had a Allison years ago and has a buggy he just restored but when he saw this one he had to have it, another buggy saved !!!
By glassbuggy Date 2014-01-22 23:42
Ken, I would say a good 80+ percent of buggies out there have no paperwork, I am curious how you handle that in a buying /selling situation. Is that an issue in your state? Bart DBArchives
By Daytona Ken Date 2014-01-28 14:05
S.C is a easy state, N.C on the other hand is hard. The 40 ford i had was built in N.C inspected and issued a special constuction title from the state N.C, once i bought it from N.C and brought it across the state line into S.C and resold it back to N.C it had to go through that all over again just because it crossed state lines and was retitled in S.C. I like them being titled s a VW bug myself, the draw back with the inspection and title issue from a state as special construction is a bunch of red tape and even then they want to title as a new year model which is higher taxes and takes paying for a appraisal to put a true value on the vehicle as not to be over taxed, some states may not have property tax at all ???

In my opinion buying a bug chassis with vin # is a option but you better check on what is legal to do or take your chances ( dont call me for bail money, lol ) although the state inspection is a lot of work it is the most legal way to title a buggy or any built car, but remember you will probably need everything that makes a car road legal, lights, blinkers, stop, turn, winshield wipers, horn, etc.
By Jamie Appling Date 2014-01-30 22:17
What size tires are on the back of the gold buggy?
By Daytona Ken Date 2014-02-01 03:20
I believe they were 265-60-14
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2017-05-29 13:12
IM BACK AGAIN !!!!! Been mostly dealing with the old classic and muscle cars for a while , but I have had a few buggys since i was last on here, still have people calling me with buggy questions, especially the Allison Daytonas, had a call from Monroe N.C yesterday , about 45 minutes from my home town. well I have had another Allison, and a nice Calfornia Clipper, and just purchased a buggy last week that i dont know what it is, any help would be appreciated. Good to be back and hope all of you are well !!! BRAD you still out there
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2017-05-29 13:14 Edited 2017-05-29 13:33
latest buggys California Clipper, cant find picture of the last Allison Daytona

Previous Next Up Topic Public / General Discussion / dune buggy addicts (Page 5) (217229 hits)
1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next