the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / General Discussion / dune buggy addicts (Page 4) (217355 hits)
1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next  
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2011-03-15 13:29 Edited 2011-03-15 13:44
Im BUGGY, I mean another buggy #35 Spider Man Manx Clone, it even has the wiring tunnels under both fenders and a thick body, but wrong dash, and only one well under the reat seat for battery. I talked with the man last summer about buying it but he wanted to much, he put it back up for sale and I got it this time around, he ownes a srorage buisness in Murrells Inlet and got the buggy and a boat that was left in one of his storage units, he had the county title and serial tag the buggy for non payment of the storage unit. Sorry about the pictures it is cloud coverd this morning and the buggy needs washed bad, its covered with dust from sitting in the storage unit, Wonder where I can get a 3 XL Spider Man Costume, LOL here is # 35 Spydie.     Ken.........

By Lloyd B 2301 Date 2011-03-15 21:04
Ken, I could have my tailor make you ONE!  LOL

Lloyd
By Brad H 1498 Date 2011-03-15 21:37
I'd rather see a picture of him squeezed into a XL, LOL.

brad
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2011-03-15 21:53
LOL, that would be a kodak moment.

Well I am out of buggys again !!!! Allready sold Spider Man and  My Red Allison ( sorry Jim ) All I have left is my "Blue Moon Dune" Allison, My Shriner Allison, and the old Spatz body from my aunt and uncle. I found another Allison for sale but the price is out of my range. NEED BUGGY, WANT BUGGY, GOT TO HAVE ANOTHER BUGGY, HELP !!!!!!!                           Ken...........................
By andrew s 1965 Date 2011-03-16 00:01
I saw that a year or so ago. very neat ride and I wonder why some person would leave that in a storage bin. I promise I will never do that and if kids are not worthy of our Allison's we always have Ken ! Lol
Another great find mr. lee
By Kellison Jim Date 2011-03-16 00:57
Hey Ken, did you stop by Drunkin Jacks and have a drink in my honor?
Kellison Jim
By Lloyd B 2301 Date 2011-03-16 01:31
You could always come down to Idaho and get the MAX from me, Oh and don't forget to bring the Hudson!

Hehehehehe, Yes I know mine is not in ready to go state but Not to many out there I think.

I'd offer to bring it to you, but am making a trip up Canada way in about a Month. Trailer will be full of KB8 International and Parts.

You just keep getting those buggies into good people's hands!

Lloyd
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2011-03-16 01:32
Thanks Andy, people do some strange things !!! I will take the Allisons if the kids dont want them, LOL, you could adopt me at age 51 or give them to me on my birthday on may 4th when I will be 52, and No Jim my mom went with me and she doesnt drink, thought with a name like Drunken Jacks she might feel out of place so we ate at the crab house or seafood house something like that , it was the little small place on the other side of the road, right down the road.                    Ken....................
By Brad H 1498 Date 2011-03-16 14:22
Hey Lloyd, when you're in country give me a call. I'll come and meet you LOL. We went to an auction for a scrap yard a couple years ago, he had over 300 old cars, mostly 4 doors, nothing cool, but he had a line of about 40 Corn Binders from the 40's till end of production, I think you would have been in heaven.

brad
By Lloyd B 2301 Date 2011-03-16 21:00
Would love to do that, I will be in Merritt BC. That auction sounds like one I would have been at had it been close. I Would have been in Hog heaven! I Like Four Door cars!

Lloyd
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2011-03-17 19:06
#36 Fiber Jet long Dune buggy. I bought this one today from a fireman in NC, he ordered the body new a few years back, then he bought a running 69 VW and he and his fellow firemen took the saws to the bug and cut off the body to get to all the bolts, they assembed the buggy and he never really used the buggy at all, it just sat in his 1 car garage, he decided he wanted a tractor so decided to sell the buggy, It didnt last long with me the man that bought Vinces buggy, spider man, My red Allison and my project buggys bought it from me, it went straight from my bumper hitch to his, so here is # 36 Fiber Jet.          Ken................

By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2011-03-25 22:57
Well Andy came today from Ct. and picked up the teal Allison, I hated to see it go but it is in good hands, I cant wait to keep a eye on his build site with it, Nice getting to meet you Andy and safe travels !!! Its like Dune Buggy Ghost town here right now, just my 2 Allisons and the Spatz body from my Aunt and Uncle, I need a buggy, gotta have a buggy !!!        Ken...................
By andrew s 1965 Date 2011-03-27 23:44
Ken, dog and I made it home safe with the new buggy. Doris is happy with her buggy and we both thank. Lots of work to do on it so we will be setting up a new post for it soon.
Very happy to have two short allisons of old and new style... Well tha is if you can call a 1969 and I would guess a 1975 body old and new style!!!
Thanks again
Andy
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2011-03-29 14:43 Edited 2011-03-29 14:57
Glad you had a safe trip home Andy, I am happy that Doris likes her Allison !!! Here is my latest purchase # 37 Custom Allison Daytona. I took a 5 1/5 hour trip to Carrollton Ga. to buy the latest find and it is SWEET !!!  previous owner had it for 15 years, engine rebuilt with only about 500 miles, allways garaged and everything works great on the buggy. 1500 dollors worth of brand new wheels and tires just put on her, Charles got to the point where he only drove it to take his 6 year old grand daughter for rides, so they decided to get a Jeep that they could drive in winter or summer, boy am I glad, now I dont know what to do, should I keep this Allison and sell " Blue Moon Dune " ??? Is there anyone out there interested in Blue Moon Dune with the 2027 Scat stroker motor, Rancho Pro Street Trans, with new interior, new wiring, new sterio , dash redone, new steering wheel,etc, etc, etc .I have to clean my new Allison Daytona up it was nasty weather on the trip to Ga. and back. Here is # 37 Customized Allison Daytona.                       Ken...............................

By Brad H 1498 Date 2011-03-29 18:55
OH Ken !?! Nice car, eye catching to say the least.

brad
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2011-04-22 01:01
Well I miss it allready !!!!! As much as I would have loved to keep the yellow and red Alison I just cant keep 3 for myself, Fortunately coming from a family that had her for 15 years she has another great family to go home with, Great couple from Mississippi Jerry and Clair are now the proud owners and on their way home with one sweet little Allison Daytona Dune Buggy, Enjoy my new friends and have a safe trip home, Im going to miss that buggy !!!                 Ken.........................

By andrew s 1965 Date 2011-04-22 02:02
What next Ken?
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2011-04-22 02:36
Whats next ?  First off I have to buy a new tow bar, chains, tow lights, etc. Sold mine to Jerry and Clair, Headed to the beach tomorrow for a weekend away, not to get a buggys just to get away. Checking on a couple of buggys around my area, LOL, my area seems to be anywhere fron an hour to 12 hours away, so we will see. Stay tuned, same dune buggy station, same dune buggy channel, LOL, HOLY DUNE BUGGYS BAT MAN !!!                  Ken...................
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2011-05-26 20:12
OK so I took a little time off but here I am again !!! Been keeping my eyes on this one for a while, we went to bike week at Myrtle beach so I gave it one last shot, it wasnt cheep but it sure is a nice Buggy !!!, Here is # 38 " Gold Metal Flake Allison Daytona ", The couple I bought it from have had it the last 4 years, they bought it from a Shriners family in Virginia, they had new upolstery and carpet installed, new top, new side curtains and new tornue cover for towing, along with new tires and new wireing, I changed out the wood streering wheel for a metal flake wheel I already had, it is a little to yellow so I may put the restored wood steering wheel on it that I have. I had my inclosed trailer with us with my Harley in it so I drove this Allison home while the girlfriend drove my truck with trailer, 3 1/2 hour drive and it rode, ran, and drove GREAT !!! The Allison has a dash plack with the original owners name on it, ( Ernest & Dee Gibbs ) and also a dash plack that says"  This car ran Indianapolis Speedway 10 - 9 -1976 ", I saw that same plack on another Allison so it would be interesting to know what that was all about. So here is # 38 Gold Allison Daytona.                    Ken............................

By Brad H 1498 Date 2011-05-27 01:28
Good lord man, are you trying to buy and sell every car Allison ever made? LOL. Congrats on the new car buddy, it's a beaut..... 3.5 hours in a buggy, man, you guys do have better roads than we do!!! LOL

Would have been a blast going around the Speedway, what a rush!!!

Take care my friend, congrats

BTW I'm still waiting for that picture of you in the Spidey costume hahahahahahahahaha

brad
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2011-05-27 01:47
How ya been Brad ??? It is a shame Allison didnt put numbers on his cars and kits, it would be interesting to know how many he did make !!! I know in one magazine article it said in his hay day he was putting out 6 cars a week. It was a nice little cruise in the buggy, good roads, good weather, good time !!! The man I bought it from hated to sell it, he has Parkinson desiese and couldnt drive it anymore. I promised him that if I didnt keep it I would find it a good home. Its a shame I missed out on the Allison prototype rail buggy in Florida, with that one and if I would have kept one of the trucks I would have every style he ever built, Oh well it doesnt hurt to dream but I just dont have the funds to keep them all !!! Big decision now is do I keep this one too, or do I sell the 65 bug ??? I will just do what I allways do " Take it day by day " Take care my friend !!!  OH YEA dont hold your breath for that picture of me in a Spider Man suit, LOL.            Ken....................
By andrew s 1965 Date 2011-05-27 13:00
Ken,
you did it again. Sweet ride saved another Allisons!!!!
you should hang a sign on your garage...........
" Ken's Allison Rescue shelter and Adoption Center"  All Allisons welcome!!!!
The only place i ever see these up for sale is from you!!! except for my silver one i got out of your own back yard a few years back.
As for what Brad said 31/2 hour ride........ yes your roads are way better than our roads. Just drove mine 30 minutes to work and i am all beat up.....
Will be in Virgina beach in 3 weeks so look forward to better buggy roads!!!
Ken i am impressed with your new find.
Keep up the good work
Andy
By Brad H 1498 Date 2011-05-27 14:33
You mean I'm turning blue for nothing?  LOL Been busy, too many projects not enough time. Trying to get my buddy AL's buggy ready to sell. Get a motor in the 64 Beetle he just bought and fire up the motor in my other friends '54. Autocross season starts on Sunday so did some things to the buggy, stripped off all the stuff I did to make it go fast in a straight line at Bonneville last year. Still have to change out hte geaer box, butthat can wait, I don't use 4th gear racing anyways. I jsut sold some parts so ordered the last of the engine parts I needed for my new 2332 so I can soon resurect that thread and get building the BIG motor.

brad
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2011-06-04 17:22
Andew I guess with them being built in Florida I guess a lot were sold in my area, Brad I know what you mean about to many projects, I am at the point that I would like to sell the 40 Hudson, and the 66 mustang and get a nice 69 Camaro, who knows ??? Its a beautiful buggy day and they have out local show in town today CRUISE CONTROL TV will be there today tapeing coverage, so UI will be putting the Gold Allison Daytona in the show, first I have to visit my Aunt in the hospital and then head to the show, wish me luck.  Oh yea I finished the 62 chevy restoration, here are a few pictures.                                          Ken..................................

By jim s 1837 Date 2011-06-04 21:23
Ken,      Thats some nice work. How long did it take? and do you have any before pictures?
   Jim
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2011-06-04 23:22
8 months of working on it on the side, I only take in one resto at a time so I can keep the weekly jobs going through, that pay the rent, Thanks, and no I am awfull about not documenting my work, I have close ups of holes and such that I repaired while the work was being done, the smile on the customers face makes it all worth while !!! VW Show didnt go to well, it was one of those deals where if you bus in a softball team to vote for your car and not even look at other cars kind of a deal, People choice, it should be how many people you can get to come just to vote for your car award, LOL, but we all know how politicks can be.                                  Ken.............................
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2011-07-21 00:28
  Not much happening in my Dune Buggy World right now, cant get a break from the shop to even finish up the little green 65 bug, I grew attached to the gold Allison so I still have, blue moon dune, the Gold Allison, and the Shriner Allison. Happy Buggying DBA.                          Ken........................
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2011-07-21 14:28

Its nice to hear from some of the people I sold buggys to. The old burgandy sears Rascal is comimg along nicely, Roger sent me a picture of how it is coming along, hes almost done and it is really looking great !!! He wants to know if I have any more projects he can buy so he will have something to build when he gets through with the Rascal, hated to tell him I am all out of project cars right now, I am contiplating selling one of my Allisons but cant chose which one to sell ??? 3 buggys are to many with all the other toys.                                 Ken...................

By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2011-07-21 14:30

Why I am on the past buggy subject here is a picture of how the gold Sand Flea came out.     Ken......

By Brad H 1498 Date 2011-07-22 21:45
Ya had me worried there buddy, I saw that there was some new posts and my firstthught was "Now what the h#!! did he buy?" You must be shaking by now not wheeling and dealing any buggies :-)

brad
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2011-07-23 04:04
I just changed habits for a while ( RC Racing ) I could allready have bought a heck of a nice buggy for what I have dumped into the RC cars !!! Got 2 CCS mini late models, 2 custom losi mini late models, 1 mini sprint car, 1 1/10 Nastruck, 1 1/10 late model, and 2 legends cars, I guess I need to start a RC car addicts page on a racing forum somewhere, LOL , I feel like the FLY, HELP ME !!!!!!!                  Ken.........................
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2011-08-11 12:37
It is GREAT to see some of these buggys get a new life with new owners that have the talent and the will power to bring them back, just got pictures from Roger and he has the old burgandy Sears Rascal up and going and it is looking nice, GREAT work Roger !!! Another buggy saved !!!

By Jamie Appling Date 2011-08-16 15:17
Ken did you sell the Allison you bought from the Shriner in Memphis?
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2011-08-22 23:07
No Jamie I havent tryed to sell it.
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2011-09-16 01:14
Hope everyone in the buggy world has been having a fun summer with their dune buggys, I myself have been wrapped up in my RC Racing, I had a surprise yesterday, my Mom wants the gold Allison, guess I will have to teach Mom to drive a staight drive. At least it will stay in the family !!! Happy buggying !!!      Ken...................
By Brad H 1498 Date 2011-09-16 14:23
She might even toss you the keys to borrow it once in a while LOL

brad
By Sandsurfer Date 2011-09-16 15:32
I have been throwing all my RC gear in the back of the Manx for the trip to the track. I also made a rack that allows me to take an RC plane to the flying field in my buggy.
Jerry....
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2011-10-30 23:39
Sorry no new news on buying buggys, but very exciting news for Allison Daytona dune buggy lovers !!!  Arlene Allison wife of the late Kenny Allison ( creator of the Allison Daytona ) contacted me by email, Arlene ( Ali ) is now a member of the DBA and you can read her post here http://www.dunebuggyarchives.com/forum/topic_show.pl?tid=3799#fp                                              Welcome to the Dune Buggy Archives Ali !!!!!

Ken...........................
By Andrew D 2943 Date 2011-12-11 00:26
I have a question.  On page two at the top you have pictures of a green Buggy that you identify as # 17 California clipper.  I am trying to ID a Buggy that is almost identical.  Mine has molded in depresions in the front fenders for the headlight, and the tail is boxed rather than smooth like yours.  It also has an interesting set of side pods.  If you have any ideas as to what this buggy is it would be a great help.  The two following links are all the pictures I have taken f it to date.  thanks for your help.

http://www.dunebuggyarchives.com/forum/topic_show.pl?tid=3779

http://s1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee365/P-Cross/
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2012-01-08 22:59
It is what it is!!!!! Thank everyone that has been on my site !!!! I am raciing RC again, dont think I want go full bore Dune buiggy again, you guys are the best, buggy on and have fun !!!!!!
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2012-01-08 23:03
RC habit

By Bob P 2855 Date 2012-01-30 21:35
Time to chime in I think. Longest trip, 2,200 miles round trip, 9 days. Took the Mother Road, Rt 66 to the OKLA Indian Territory and back home to NW Ohio. Now in our 70's still Dunebuggying since 1968 and pictures to prove it..... Built the "Lil' Bugger" in June 1968.... Bought the kit in San Diego as an original Road Runner..........

Attachment: LilBugger1958.docx (160.1k)
Attachment: LilBUGGERMienkes1.JPG (68.8k)
Attachment: LilBUGGERMienkes2.JPG (68.1k)
Attachment: LilBUGGERTheyllCome2.JPG (600.0k)
Attachment: LilBUGGERMienkes3.JPG (68.2k)
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2012-01-31 04:08
Glad you chimed in Bob !!! You got me beat on long distace. Have a leak to find on my Shriner Allison so I can get back into buggy feaver !!! Luckly my RC Racing buddy is pretty good with air cooled vws so before long I  will have him help me get my buggy back up and running. Havent really searched to buy and sell like I was doing, but you never know huh.
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2012-02-14 23:57
Valentines day 2012, Happy Valentines day !!!  I have a couple from Alabama coming friday to look at the Allison Buggys, They are interested in " Blue Moon Dune "  Mr. Smith has allways wanted a Allison Daytona, I have decided to get rid of One of the Allisons and the lt green 65 bug, I'm going to take the money from those and concentrate on my 1940 Hudson street rod, I want to make it really nice, add vintage a/c and heat, redo the old paint and body work and make it my own design. Have a great day Dune Buggy Archives !!!

Allison Daytona Ken...............................
By andrew s 1965 Date 2012-02-15 00:25
Ken
don't do it!!
not the Blue moon!!
By Lloyd B 2301 Date 2012-02-15 02:33
Ken, I know that most will say keep the Dunes, but the Hudson is Awesome! Glad you did not get rid of it.  Can't wait to see the finished product.

Lloyd
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2012-02-15 03:06
I have had people come before just to look, not saying they arnt serious, I do not have any of the Allisons advertised for sale, Tommy got in touch with me, probably from seeing this site. Definately am holding on to one of my Allisons ( Shriner, or Blue Moon Dune ) and Moms got the Gold Allison Daytona, so we will stay a Allison Daytona dune buggy family !!!!
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2012-02-18 12:22
Tommy and his wife made the 7 hour trip to come look at the Allisons, he was like a kid at Christmas, LOL, he has been a Allison Dune buggy lover for most of his life, Tommy loved the buggys but isnt able to make a purchase right now, in a way its comforting to know my baby will still be here, I cant imagine the feeling if I ever watch " Blue Moon Dune " go down the driveway. Tommy gave me a original sales brochere he has had since the 70's ( Thanks Tommy ). Now Blue Moon Dune is ready for action, all I did was put the battery back in her and 1 squirt of starting fluid in each carb and she fired right up, driving her with that stroker motor is really a thrill, to have that much power in such a light vehicle is a blast !!! Come on sunshine I am ready to hit the streets in the buggy !!!Next thing on the list is to find out where the oils is coming from on the Shriner Allison, it runs great so I have a feeling it is something as simple as a hose off of the oil cooler, thats my next project, that way if I ever do sell Blue Moon Dune having the Shriner Allison to drive will ease the pain. Happy buggying DBA !!!

Allisone Daytona Ken......................
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2012-03-08 00:58
Well as much as I hate to, with the bad economy, and shop slowing down to a crawl, its time to cut lose of one of the toys, the 65 bug is finished and ready for a new home, Im going to miss this little bug !!!

By andrew s 1965 Date 2012-03-08 01:33
do what you have to do.
I know it is hard but it sure was fun!!!
Previous Next Up Topic Public / General Discussion / dune buggy addicts (Page 4) (217355 hits)
1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next