the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Announcements / DBA back on-line (3022 hits)
By Paul Moran (DBA Architect) Date 2009-09-24 02:35
I had an issue with the server overnight but everything is back up and running again.

Jay reported to me just after 5:15 PM CST that he couldn't reach the DBA site and the other sites I host were also down. I couldn't connect directly to the server.  When I arrived at the hosting facility this morning, the server was on and I plugged in a keyboard and screen.  I logged in, went to Google and everything seemed ok. At that point all the web sites came back on-line.  I like fixing problems like this!  But I have no idea what caused the outage.  The hosting facility offered to repeat my procedure if the problem reoccurs.

For those not so computer literate,  its like when your buggy dies, you go back to the engine, wiggle some wires, tap the distributor and it fires right back up. 

[Edit] Forgot to add that the server has been running continuously for 559 days now without being restarted...

Thanks for your patience, Paul...
Chicago, IL
EMPI Imp 1002 ('69)/Subaru EJ20 Turbo/LinkPlus ECU
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2009-09-24 03:45
_ _ it happens, good job paul, have you jumped any dunes lately, Im sure everyone on dba appreciates your efforts, Oh yea I wil get my carpet from tk I need to call them last time I called they didnt have mold ready for 74 pan, not that I really know the difference looks, like they would all be about the same, its been awhile since I talked to them. keep up the good work !!
By Paul Moran (DBA Architect) Date 2009-09-24 03:50
Hey Ken - Yes, a lot of dune jumping, although my wife, Deb, is more of a jumper. I try to keep all 4 in the sand.  Also I lucked out with the weather in Chicago for a coupe weeks and took the buggy to work every day that I could. 

Thanks for the kind words about the site. With Winter approaching here and Deb's buggy happy with its new Subaru engine, I hope to have time to make some changes on the site. And I'm sure TK will get you "hooked up" with some nice threads. Paul...
Chicago, IL
EMPI Imp 1002 ('69)/Subaru EJ20 Turbo/LinkPlus ECU
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Announcements / DBA back on-line (3022 hits)