the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Dune Buggy parts Showcase / Dune Buggy Carpet Kit from MAM (locked) (17239 hits)
By John S 2 Date 2009-07-08 20:40 Edited 2009-09-28 20:00
New Dune Buggy Carpet Sets from Mid America Motorworks

EFFINGHAM, IL (July 2009) - Mid America Motorworks is pleased to announce the release of our brand new Dune Buggy Carpet Sets. Our Dune Buggy Carpet Sets are designed to fit any Dune Buggy based on a shortened VW chassis. Sets are available in three different materials to satisfy any customer's budget and needs from economical low maintenance needle punch carpet to classic 80/20 Loop carpet or custom Cut Pile carpet.
Each set consists of the following four pieces; driver and passenger side floor pieces, tunnel piece and rear tub section. The driver floor section includes a dielectrically sealed heel pad. Both the driver and passenger side floor sections feature serge bound edges for a clean finished look as well. The tunnel piece does not come with any cut-outs for shifters or e-brakes due to the various locations and set-ups used on different buggies. Due to varying shapes and sizes of Dune Buggies the rear tub section is oversized allowing the customer to trim it to fit their specific vehicle. Sets also include 12' of Velcro that can be used to secure the carpet in place allowing easy removal for clean up after a trip to the dunes or they can be glued down for a more permanent installation.

There are 3 styles available based on your needs or look you want to achieve.
A very basic utility carpet that is needle punched, a cut pile carpet, or a loop pile carpet.
There are also 4 colors to choose from.

Part # 319-340 Carpet Set 4 pcs. Loop  Introductory Price of $109.99
Part # 319-341 Carpet Set 4 pcs. Cut Pile,  Introductory Price of $109.99
Part # 319-342 Carpet Set 4 pcs. Needle Punch,  Introductory Price of $ 69.99

Email me at our new Dune Buggy Shop email address for questions and or, to advance order yours NOW!

John at 247vws@suddenlink.net
John Shepard the DBA DuneBuggyArchives.com
founder
By Sandsurfer Date 2009-07-09 02:20 Edited 2009-07-09 02:24
I like being able to pull the carpet out without having to pull the body off the buggy. I put 6-7000 miles a year on my buggy along with playing in the sand. It's nice to be able to dry it and clean under it.
I have seen the carpet and it is far from modified Beetle carpet. Mid-America has the equipment on site to produce the carpet from the roll to finished product.
Jerry....
By Kustoms Date 2009-07-09 02:23
Jerry, You would still have to pull the seats out.

They are basically a long version of our floor mat kit.
By Sandsurfer Date 2009-07-09 02:25
The seats come out in about 30 seconds. No problem.
Jerry....
By John S 2 Date 2009-07-09 04:00
FarmerJohn Said Why have a bunch of pieces
When you can have custom fit 1 piece

John the Carpet kits that TJK sells will only fit a factory VW floor pan.
They are top quality and an excellent product.

The new Carpet Set from MAM is an alternative option for people to consider.
Some buggies are built with flat steel, diamond plate, or other floor material.

Also some of the T buggies have modified tunnel locations for pedals, shifters, and parking brake.

The 4 pc. kit from MAM offers a nice finished look and quality product for buggy owners who need more
flexibility in the installation of carpet in the dune buggy. The ability to remove it easily is also appealing to some dune buggy owners.

That is the beauty of dune buggies, we all can choose exactly how we want to build them.
John
founder
By John S 2 Date 2009-07-09 04:20
GreenManx said looks like modified bettle carpet nothing special.

GM,
It is a much better product than that of a modified beetle carpet set. Beetle carpet sets are typically 7 pcs. and need to be glued in to butt the seams to each other.

The "Manx" length carpet set Mid America has put together is far better than more expensive beetle carpet kits I have ordered. I just received a black set for the "CokeBuggy" last weekend. The stitchery is some of the best I have ever seen. The side panels for each side are a nice heavy duty backed piece that can be glued in or installed with snaps or Velcro. The tunnel panel is completely adaptable to any shifter and brake location, and the rear panel is large enough for modified chassis configurations.

I will keep this thread updated as we get more information and feedback from customers.
I have asked each customer who has ordered a set to provide me with some feedback after the installation.

John
founder
By Jay H (X-20) (ManxVair CC) Date 2009-09-26 02:18
Hey John, You said there are four colors available, but your first post shows five? What colors are available?

Also, is it possible to get shots of the difference in the Needle Punch, cut pile, and loop? I can visualize the difference between cut pile and loop, but I have no idea what Needle Punch is.

Jay
By John S 2 Date 2009-09-26 21:37
There are now six colors available.
Black, Charcoal, Brown, Oatmeal, Red, and Saddle.
I also need to update the pics of the install I completed in the Cokebuggy.
founder
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Dune Buggy parts Showcase / Dune Buggy Carpet Kit from MAM (locked) (17239 hits)