the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Off Topic / Rants and messages / Vanity plates (28548 hits)
By Jay H (X-20) (ManxVair CC) Date 2009-05-14 16:59
I decided this season to go with vanity plates. In CT, you submit the form with up to something like 8 choices along with your check. Well, my check was cashed, but I have heard nothing yet, so I just called and found out that it will take up to 6 weeks.

I did find out which choice my plate will be though: "UWISH" is my new vanity plate for the buggy! Apparently someone also has UWISH in the standard CT plate, but since mine is early american (classic auto for many other states) they will also print UWISH on the Early American plate and somehow it's not the same, LOL

I don't care..... that was my first choice. My second choice was "WRXVW" which would have been cool too. Now I can't wait to get my plate!

Jay
By Glenn K 1351 Date 2010-02-01 19:00
JaY..

Ct. is a stupid state...i live here and would like to get vanity plates also....they make it too hard.  I have written and suggested they allow more than 6 letters, like NY or other states...allow up to at least 8 letters giving us more oppurtunity to spell out some neat stuff...not to mention the extra monies the state would generate if they made it easier for us to get vanity plates.
Va. had a cool system...they let you change the plates annually for no extra charge for the new plates and you got to keep the old plates..my manx had HOTMANX as a plate.  The really cool ones i had on my Mini Cooper for the four years were...
MINI8UR (MINIATURE)
ITZYBITZ
TIEKNEE (TINY) AND LASTLY
WATISIT (BECAUSE EVERYONE WOULD ASK ME "WHAT IS IT?"

I have all those plates and hang them from the mini when i take it to car shows here in CT.
By Tom & Kathleen I 639 Date 2010-02-01 22:54
Yes the 6 letter vanity plate rule in CT sucks.  We have MANXTR & NO.DUNZ instead of MANXTER & NO.DUNES like we wanted.  The antique plate only get 5 letters to play with.  Tom
Tom & Kathleen Manxter #16, Kick-Out SS #16 & FiberFab Buggy
Manx Club #1030, CVA, RBC, SCCA
By yellermanx y 25 Date 2010-02-02 12:47
Since this is a rant about vanity plates.  Here in Fl we are allowed seven places, however they don't have the decency to center it.  How sorry!!

By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2010-02-02 13:44
Yea that sux, do they still make them at the prisons ? Probably some guy that cant cope in societys way of just pissing you off. And if they tell him to do it correct he will sue the govenment, and just think we feed him, give him free medical and dental and put a roof over his head, along with his own library, weight room, color TV, etc, etc, etc. I liked your word the best "JUST SORRY" !!!!     Ken.......
By yellermanx y 25 Date 2010-02-02 22:44
Something else that burns me.  Our tags say Myflorida.com across the top.  I wasn't asked if I want to advertise for the state, it's on every tag.  I think they should pay me if I am going to advertise for the state.  Looks like it is pretty well covered on my buggy tag, what a shame.
By Brad H 1498 Date 2010-02-17 00:49
Some one's I'd like;

AAAHHHH
HOLD ON
O M G
U LOSE
S M A (slow, my a$$)
IT'S NOT CUTE (too many letters)
BYE BYE
W A F S  (windscreens are for sissies)
IM BROKE
SCUBEDO
130 MPH
G MSHEEN

brad
By LoCashJohn Date 2010-02-17 20:47
I used to have "LOCASH7" on my Kawasaki ZX-7 motorcycle and "11SECVW" (Eleven Second VW) on my turbo Ghia.

I've been thinking about something for my Canadian Mystery buggy aka Strange Brew. Maybe... 

COOL EH
STRGBRU
KANOOK
CANUCK
<a href="http://www.LoCashRacing.Org">http://www.LoCashRacing.Org</a>
More brains than bucks...
By Brad H 1498 Date 2010-02-18 00:35
OR;

NANOOK
ESKMO PI
BAK BKON
STUBBY (our old beer bottles prominent in the movie Strange Brew)
TAKEOFF (EH!)
SCTV (Bob & Doug's TV show)
;-)

brad
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2010-02-18 02:32 Edited 2010-02-18 02:39
Alright I found the scotch and canadian beer channel, I may have to get one of you guys to send me some beer here to SC,                   Ken..........

I like 
GETUSUM
FUMB  ( that one is for myrtle beach SC that is trying to kill bike week )
SEEYAA
WAZZUP
CANBEER ( canadian beer lol )
SHUTUP
By LoCashJohn Date 2010-02-18 03:18
How about 
ELSINOR  (as in Elsinore Brewery)
<a href="http://www.LoCashRacing.Org">http://www.LoCashRacing.Org</a>
More brains than bucks...
By Brad H 1498 Date 2010-02-18 23:36
You guys just made my day.

F#$^%%#G Dodge truck wouldn't start after 2 days, no comunication with scanner. Used and Abused for 10 years. Customer wonders why it quit? How 'bout some F$%#$%#%G maintenance A$#$%^#E!!!!!

THANKS GUYS

HOSER

brad
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2010-02-19 00:53
CUSTOMERS some are idiots, his other car isnt a silver shriners Allison dune buggy is it, oops did I say that I really did mean to !!! lol. Hope you have a better day tomorrow Brad.           Ken.......
By Jay H (X-20) (ManxVair CC) Date 2010-02-19 01:13
LMAO Ken. You've got to hyperlink it when you make a comment like that! That way, when the posts get re-ordered and everything, someone reading this months or years from now can be in on the "joke" too. Sorry, I know it's not a joke to you. :-(

http://www.dunebuggyarchives.com/forum/topic_show.pl?tid=2332#fp

Jay
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2010-02-19 03:54
JAY, I would if I knew how to hyperlink, like Brads customer I am not the sharpest tool in the shed ( when it comes to computers that is ) but I do keep my vehichles in good working order.  You can explane how to hyperlink if you want to. Thanks in advance,     Ken..........
By Brad H 1498 Date 2010-02-19 14:06
Ken, Jay was nice enough to do it for you, wadda guy!!! ;-)

Looking forward to another day of backprobing the ECU to see if I have powers, grounds and signals from EVERY engine sensor, you know, something that takes 2 minutes with a scan tool..... And no, his other vehicle isn't a buggy, it's a log truck, I hope it's cleaner inside than this one, nothing better than laying under the dash in a pile if S#$T to do your work, and I fit under dashes so well to start with :-(. Oh well it's FRIDAY and I'm going to the annual model train show tomorrow, something to look forwad to.

I feel better now....have a great day you guys.

brad
By Jay H (X-20) (ManxVair CC) Date 2010-02-19 22:46
Oh Ken, you are going to be SO happy with how east it is to hyperlink something. The hardest part is getting to the right web page that you want to link to. Once you navigate to that web page in your browser, you simply copy the address (also known as the URL) from the top of the web browser.

Like this:

Next, you get back to the forum you wanted to reply to and somewhere in the post, you simply "paste" the address in. The forum software goes and makes it blue and clickable.... all automatically.

Take for instance, I want to tell you about how to order a shirt that has DBA on it. I can tell you to go to the left hand side of the screen and click on "DBA SHOP" then when you are on that page, click on "The Dune Buggy Nostalgia Shop" and then you will see a page with t-shirts, look for the white golf shirt.

OR since I know how to get there, I can go there... copy the URL and paste it here, so you can go right to it: http://www.cafepress.com/dbawebsiteshop.390448319

This is what it looked like before hitting the post button:

I hope this helps,
Jay
By Brad H 1498 Date 2010-02-19 22:50
I've been to that page. Got my T-shirt and decals for the buggy and toolbox.

brad
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2010-02-20 05:30 Edited 2010-02-20 05:44
Home My Account Order Status Log Out     View Cart Wish List Help        Sign up for our  mailing list to get  first notice of Sales,  Coupons & New Products!          Enter Part Number (Include dashes), and/or Keyword(s):                 MONTHLY SPECIALS,     ( ALLRIGHT NOW I AM PISSED, BUT THEN AGAIN ITS FRIDAY NIGHT AND I JUST GOT HOME FROM DINER AND THE BAR WITH ABOUT 20 FRIENDS, above is what I came up with, maby I shouldnt have had that last shot, Jack and ultra ( water ) not scotch and canadfian beer, I will try it again mon. have a long weekend, getting buggy in AL. tomorrow sat. 15 hour drive there and back, then a buggy in Ga. sun. 8 hours and 40 min, maby I should go back to the bar, it would be a lot cheaper than this darn dune buggy addiction LOL. )

Oh yea this is the vanity plate site how bout GETRDUN or UDUMASS, I think I qualify for the second tag right now

THANKS JAY FOR TRYING TO HELP THE BACKWOODS SOUTHERNER OUT, I WILL TRY YOUR ADVICE AT ANOTHER TIME.

oh yea you guys are dam good salesmen         Ken..........
By Scott C 743 Date 2010-02-20 13:04 Edited 2010-02-20 13:07
Here is my plate, car has been in storage for last couple years, but the plate can be transfered to my Manx ( if I ever get it done)....

Coop

Under edit...I don't know why that pic is so small, the plate is " COOPSTOY"

You can't put a price on your fun, if you do, it stops being fun...
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2010-02-21 07:41 Edited 2010-02-21 07:43
Coop GET ER DUN, I know what you mean I need to quit buying and selling so many buggys and get my Allison done, Picked up a new toy today to keep, 65 Allison daytona with a scat 2026cc stroker motor around 150+ HP, with a Rancho trans, I will post a site on it later, its hooked to my truck after 16 hours of drivin today and tonight to get it, 3 in the morning and I just got home, good luck and goodnight.        Ken.........

My tag tonight would be      WOROUT

OH YEA nice vette, I went through a few of them in my day also.
By Scott C 743 Date 2010-02-21 14:32
Ken...yes, I know what you mean about to many projects.  I've gotten sidetracked buying and playing with 70's, vintage oddball ATV's..Cushman Tracksters and COOTs.  Sounds like your new project is nice, at least it is a buggy, looking forward to the pics. 16 hours, trip around the block, the COOT I just dragged home was in Colorado, 4000 miles round trip.....

Coop

You can't put a price on your fun, if you do, it stops being fun...
By yellermanx y 25 Date 2010-03-01 12:29
I was behind a vehicle the other day and the tag was MEOW DR.  Immediate thought was veterinarian then a big smile came to my face.  You tell me.
By Brad H 1498 Date 2010-03-01 14:04
You mean you guys don't see lots of these down there? That's just a Canadian commuter car for winter time LOL. :-)

brad
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2010-03-01 15:28
OK quiz time for the South Carolina red neck, tell me if I am right MEOW ok thats PUSSY CAT to me in SC, DR would be Driver or doctor, I think the answer that made you smile was the first of the two deragatives, did I pass LOL. Man no more test I hated school, though the parking lot was pretty fun, I think the statute of limitations is long over so remind me to tell you about how I poured gas on the speed bumps they installed so they wouldnt interfear with our burn outs, in the 70s it was mandontory to carrt a bottle of clorox in the car, made for pretty burn outs !!!         Ken.............

new tags =  BURNOUT,      NOSPEBMP  to many letters I was going for no speed bumps,    how bout  LETRFLY    or   LETRRIP   or FTDOWN  ( FOOT DOWN )                                              
By Brad H 1498 Date 2010-03-01 16:32
MFF DVR ??????
My favorite beetle drag car name from the early 80's
brad
By HotTub Date 2010-03-01 17:43
Lol....GYNO! ;-)
By yellermanx y 25 Date 2010-03-01 18:38
"Lol....GYNO!"

That was my thought.
By Walter P 3290 Date 2012-07-03 07:26
Though they could be really nice and all that, I think that the problem with these vanity plates is how easy it makes keeping track of people actually is.

And for more of those who are not much up for any good, that would be an entirely different thing.  And hopefully one that would be great at different levels.
Previous Next Up Topic Off Topic / Rants and messages / Vanity plates (28548 hits)