the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Introduce Yourself and Your Buggy / Hey from PA (2347 hits)
By Ziptie Express Date 2009-05-05 02:30 Edited 2009-05-05 02:33
I've been readin' around in here 'cause I wanna build a Suby rail/woods buggy. I'm thinkin' mid-engine will be the hot lick but haven't seen much info on all Suby rails. I have a VW woods rail but quite frankly, I'm tired of puttin' transaxles in it and I'd like a bit (alot) more power without puttin' serious cash into a grenade engine.
Basically, I'm not finding what I"m looking for and don't know where to look. I'm wanting to build a Berrian tube chassis type buggy with the Suby trans and engine. Anyone know of any websites to get an example of this setup? I believe it will be the first of its kind in my area of Pa.
I hope to be a regular on this site and make a few friends in the Suby world !
By Jay H (X-20) (ManxVair CC) Date 2009-05-05 09:57
Welcome Miles. Have you had a look at our Subi forum right here on the site? There are a few with rails, but as you mention, most are out west it seems.

How far are you from Carlisle? I'm planning to be there on the 15th so I can see all of my buggy buddies and hopefully show off my ride. Although I don't have a rail, I do have Subi power and you could certainly look it over up close. I believe Tom and Kathleen will also be there. Kathleen has a subi powered buggy as well, also FG and not a rail, but you get the idea.

Even if you can't make it, this is still a great place to share and get info.

Jay
By Ziptie Express Date 2009-05-06 00:36
Yeah, I'm hoping to kind of get a direction and not spend days looking at apile of parts and scratching my head. You have to do that sometimes
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Introduce Yourself and Your Buggy / Hey from PA (2347 hits)