the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Engines / Subbug - Subaru Power / EJ22t Engine Rebuild...It begins... (3281 hits)
By Jermaine B 1349 Date 2009-04-27 03:08
But will it end!

Hi all,

Im not sure if I remember enough to put this engine back togather. My first complete rebuild and between this and all the other bazillion things I have going on. Im just not sure. I'm gonna give it a try. Below is a pic of everything back from the shop or cleaned up by yours truely. I am open to all help and direction as I go through this process. A couple initial questions if anyone can help.

1. Some, not all, of the case bolts had rubber/metal washers. I soaked these bolts/washers in carb cleaner and it ate away at the rubber. I thought washers would be included in my full rebuild kit. Maybe they are and I am missing something. Why are there washers on some of the bolts and not others? Are these washers only on bolts that come in contact with wather passages? Can these bolts be reused?

Previous Next Up Topic Engines / Subbug - Subaru Power / EJ22t Engine Rebuild...It begins... (3281 hits)