the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Engines / Subbug - Subaru Power / Deserter GT Roof (2687 hits)
By Terry F Date 2009-03-31 05:54
By @Jeff GS Date 2009-03-31 23:59 Edited 2009-04-01 00:05
Nice - an original T-roof.
I've seen better (more complete) examples go for his asking price, so doesn't look like the "best" deal - but if you're looking for one now Tom's absolutely right - these only come up around once a year.

I suppose you could fab the window sections from the old design drawings and some lexan?

IMO, I think this top would "kill" you on a GS.  Bad enough the engine is directly behind you with the noise and heat, but the "scoop" in front of the engine cover actually serves as a pretty good "exhaust" duct from pressure under the bonnet, and whatever heated air (and fumes) is coming up from around the engine!  Having that in a "sealed" cockpit could be a bit dicey!  With the right sealing and insulation though..... might be workable?

In my mind a "shorty" style top would look and function better, at least on a GS.  Think a hard-top version of Mike "Rags" very nice convertible top.  His is definitely a 3-season car with the top.  I think he has to be fully stretched out before climbing in (or out?) though??  :-)
Lets see if the pic thing will work with a Shutterfly image.....

Nope - it didn't, guess the next best thing is a website if interested i this car and the custom soft-top:
http://mikeragonese.shutterfly.com/thedeserter/804

Jeff
Previous Next Up Topic Engines / Subbug - Subaru Power / Deserter GT Roof (2687 hits)