the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Dune Buggy ID Help needed - X-Files / I.D this one? Yep, it's a Clodhopper! (3799 hits)
By John A M 83 Date 2009-03-06 23:47 Edited 2009-03-07 00:17
I tried to find this particular body in the Buggy ID file earlier today, and was thrown a curve ball as I was told that the hood might not be correct for this body.  The rear shot has a glare from the pearl that was mixed into the clear coat.  It has been painted many times in its life.  My brother who owns it, noticed that during the most recent paint job, the rear section above the engine showed signs of being reinforced with layers of fiberglass and cloth.  We thought it may have been a change-over to a different style rear section.  It appears to be the correct rear end, so I'm thinking that the additional layers were part of a repair job. The center ridge and raised badge (or shield) on the hood made it obvious that it's a Clodhopper.  There's even a matching green one in the Clodhopper gallery.
  Thanks to this site, the questions we had for the past 17 years have been answered.

[url=][/url]

[url=][/url]

Aloha!
     John
By Tom & Kathleen I 639 Date 2009-03-18 23:22
The hood looks stock.  The rear fenders have been clearanced and the frenched horizontal 61 - 67 beetle tailights have been removed.  Nice car.  I have one also, but modified more than this one.  I modified it, so I know what it looked like, back in the day.  http://www.manxgallery.org/gallery/Toms-Fiber-Fab Tom
Tom & Kathleen Manxter #16, Kick-Out SS #16 & FiberFab Buggy
Manx Club #1030, CVA, RBC, SCCA
By Jay H (X-20) (ManxVair CC) Date 2009-03-19 01:13
I'll never get tired of that beautiful real flame paint job Tom.... :-)

Jay

Previous Next Up Topic Public / Dune Buggy ID Help needed - X-Files / I.D this one? Yep, it's a Clodhopper! (3799 hits)