the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Dune Buggy Models / Imp / I guess once in awhile we get lucky (7307 hits)
By Clint L 518 Date 2009-01-04 22:04
Found this top on Craigslist on Friday.  I was ticked about the port windows, but they are growing on me.  I guess it was a good day to take off work.

By Rick M 333 Date 2009-01-05 02:16
:-) Nice find, Clint! I usually scour CL pretty good in the metro Philly/Lancaster etc areas. Where did you find that one?
By Jay H (X-20) (ManxVair CC) Date 2009-01-05 23:21
Is that am Imp top specifically? I've never seen an Imp top. It looks like had the windshield been a little higher, it would have fit like a glove.

Jay
By Kustoms Date 2009-01-06 02:44
Yep, That's the real deal. Mine does not have the side windows. I like them
By BigTonkaKid Date 2009-01-06 03:20
Nice find Welcome to the world of Hard Tops
By Clint L 518 Date 2009-01-06 04:24
I have pieces of carpet around the back to keep the top from digging into the body.  That's why it sits up around the back.  I don't plan on keeping the top on this car. I would like to get a bikini top made. I have another one I'm gathering parts to build down the road.  Rick, I found this top on the Lehigh Valley CL.  When I bought this car, the guy said it did have a top on it, but they never used it.  Just so happens, he found the side windows wrapped up flat in his son's room.  I didn't get them out yet, but I hope I have a fit.
By John S 2 Date 2009-01-07 02:56
You need to buy a lotto ticket right now. You are a lucky mofo.

The Imp hardtop is the Holy Grail of dune buggy hardtops.

Hardtops are hard enough to find to fit this or that body but, I have have dreamed of a hardtop for
the wife's NOS Imp body for over 10 years and never see one for sale.

I have even thought of buying a complete buggy before just to take the hardtop off and sell the buggy without it so I could have a hardtop for hers.

A hardtop, wide spint stars, and an autostick (that works) pan, and I can start her project.
John Shepard the DBA DuneBuggyArchives.com
founder
Previous Next Up Topic Dune Buggy Models / Imp / I guess once in awhile we get lucky (7307 hits)