the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Dune Buggy Models / Imp / Another Imp to hit the roads soon (17642 hits)
By Clint L 518 Date 2008-10-29 14:33
Here is another imp to make it to Manassas this Spring. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.

By GreenMeanie Date 2008-10-30 01:24
Nice
Did you build a cage for it?
By Todd A 715 Date 2008-10-31 00:04
Clint, what year empi is that?
By Clint L 518 Date 2008-11-01 20:44
It's a 1970, I plan on using the roll bar that was in it instead of a cage.
By Clint L 518 Date 2009-02-08 03:26
Here is  a little more progress.  A perfect day to snap some pictures.

Attachment: newbuggy013LargeWebview.jpg (107.5k)
By Bill K 96 Date 2009-02-09 14:51
Clint,  I like that even more than your green one!  Very clean, subtle...yet powerful.  Fat tires stuffed under....five spokes....oh yeah. 

Short axles? 15x8.5? Tire size?

Will you be able to keep it that low in the back?  Once it's buttoned up and the front end comes down that thing will definitely have the stance!
By Gary W 365 Date 2009-02-10 01:48
YOUR FRIGGEN KILLIN ME SMALLS.

Hey wanna buy a top. I was thinking the other day I could get the top to Bills house. When your ready for pick up. It will save you about 150 miles round trip. Let me know the car is looking sharp yours or for someone else.

Keep up the good work its these kinds of cars and guys like you that keep the buggy scene alive.
I would love to see another Bug Out with 20 or 30 buggies. 

See ya soon,
Gary
By Clint L 518 Date 2009-04-07 22:31
Almost done.  Why is it that the small stuff takes forever????????????????

By John S 2 Date 2009-04-10 12:56
Gary White 365 wrote :
YOUR FRIGGEN KILLIN ME SMALLS.
Hey wanna buy a top.

Gary do you have an Imp Top for sale????

John
John Shepard the DBA DuneBuggyArchives.com
founder
By Gary W 365 Date 2009-04-11 01:25
Hey John,
              No I had a manx hard top that I was holdng for Clint for a car he was building for someone else.
He has picked it up now I was just messing with him about how long it took for him to pick it up.
              I had been making plans to go to the kit car show on Saturday. Now it looks like I'll have to try to get  there on Sunday.I feel LUCKY. Just so I understand the give away car is what type of buggy. Any picts. of the give away car. Hope to see you there its been awhile since I've seen you guys. Take care   Gary
By John S 2 Date 2009-04-11 23:05
founder
By Gary W 365 Date 2009-04-12 01:01
HaHAHA
By Bill K 96 Date 2009-04-19 00:40
Clean, clean, clean!  That is the way I prefer a buggy Clint.  I especially like the pic with your green Imp in the background.  Two very sweet rides.

How is the other buggy coming?

I trust the trip home was uneventful?  Did the top make it?
By Clint L 518 Date 2009-04-19 11:29
Hey Bill
Trip home went well, Just rain and a stop at McD's.  The other buggy  is making a great parts holder right now.  I don't know if I can make it to Manassas with that one.  Are you still coming up with the buggy to Carlisle? 

By Bill K 96 Date 2009-04-19 15:09
Clint,  Looks as though once again time is against me.  I am trying to outfit the garage so I can focus on all the buggy projects.  Seeing yours is putting the boot to my backside!
My oldest is starting to take an interest in the buggies after I picked him up from school in the Deserter.  We are formulating a plan for the Manx, he wants that one now!
As far as Carlisle, I work Friday and my shift ends Saturday morning.  Gary will be waiting at the house with my oldest son then we'll hit the road.
I have been trying to get in contact with Don Wilcox to see if he can bring the Pikes Peak Manx to Carlisle.  I didn't realize it had been that long since he and I last spoke.  I also tried to get in touch with Ted Trevor via e-mail but it looks as though the account I tried is no longer active.  He lives somewhere in New Hampshire.
I look forward to seeing everyone up in Carlisle.  Take care.
By John S 2 Date 2009-04-20 23:29
Does Don still live in Morgantown?
I was at WVU for 6 years and only talked to him after we had moved back home.
I would love to see that buggy in person!
John
founder
By Bill K 96 Date 2009-04-21 21:20
John,  Don still lives in Morgantown.  He would love to come to Carlisle and see Bruce and Winnie but his schedule appears to be full.  The buggy is now in his daughters possession and has been restored but it is in Wisconsin.  She is a school teacher and takes it in to show off to the kids.  She is also well aware of it's historical significance.  Don currently has a Devin with VW power and Porsche aluminum drums.  He mentioned the buggy still wheelies pretty easily!
Previous Next Up Topic Dune Buggy Models / Imp / Another Imp to hit the roads soon (17642 hits)