the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Dune Buggy Models / Manx SR and SR2 / Manx SR Door Hinges (5312 hits)
By FulsGld Date 2008-10-19 05:16
Would anyone happen to have a picture of an original Manx SR door hinge? Right now the doors are using some really funky surface mount hinges, and would like to see what the originals should look like. Thanks.

GaryB in Wa.
By Kustoms Date 2008-10-19 16:06
Hi Gary, Check out this thread. Make sure you check out the PDF files I posted. It is a big file so only click it once and let it load.

http://www.dunebuggyarchives.com/forum/topic_show.pl?tid=1470
By Rick M 333 Date 2008-10-19 22:08
Sounds like you've got the SR2 surface hinges, Gary. They are "original" to the 2. IMHO it's a slightly better alternative to the original design, even though they do clutter the deck a little bit...
By FulsGld Date 2008-10-20 05:49
I think the hinges on the doors now are from some kind of boat. They don't look like any other hinges that I've been able to see. Plus, there are two hinges per door and they are screwed together. I'll throw a picture up when I can. I looked at the SR manual, page 35, and that was what I was looking for. Thanks for responding. Hey Kustoms, are you the fellow with the Boonie Bug? Thanks again.

GaryB in Wa.
By Kustoms Date 2008-10-20 12:53
Yeper on the Ugly Bug. I mean Boonie bug. I have build plans for that as well.
Previous Next Up Topic Dune Buggy Models / Manx SR and SR2 / Manx SR Door Hinges (5312 hits)