the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Engines / Subbug - Subaru Power / Can you hang a subaru off an 091? (4225 hits)
By ron j 1012 Date 2008-07-02 21:56
I mean the weight difference will the subaru hurt the tranny since it weigh's more?
Should I build an engine mount to support it?
Has anyone sky jumped there subrail and busted the tranny?
By Mel Adjusted Date 2008-07-03 01:08
I like that term ski jump.... I long jump my rails but the difference being is all my rails are mid-engine. I never go back to see how far I jumped... It would scare me.
I wouldn't suggest hanging a VW or Subaru on the 4 mounting bolts on the transmission case and doing any serious jumping.. Be safe and put in some engine mounts
At my age.. Everything I buy comes with a lifetime guarantee..
http://mel-adjusted.zoints.com/
By dunelimo Date 2008-07-04 07:58
The weight of a Subi engine N/A with the unwanted junk remove ( air conditioner-power steering-cast exhaust manifolds) is the same weight as a VW turbo engine, theres a lot of guys running around with VW turbo engines and Subi's with out added engine support though I would use straps at the front and rear of the tranny, if you think you are going to do BIG jumps and bottom the suspension out add engine supports
By ron j 1012 Date 2008-07-04 23:09
Thank's Dunelimo.
You must be the only person on this site that is really trying to help.
No ego or bragging involved.

I am going to run A/C since I live in the hottest part of the Sonoran desert.
Spent two years in college for refrigeration technologies.
But then I ran Into an easier job.
  Ron Jeremy
Previous Next Up Topic Engines / Subbug - Subaru Power / Can you hang a subaru off an 091? (4225 hits)