the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Engines / Subbug - Subaru Power / New to Subaru power (2914 hits)
By Alex D 915 Date 2008-05-08 14:56
Hello guys,
I am new to the whole subaru motor on a buggy.  I have been trying to read all that I can here but I am still a little too confusted to take on this project just yet.
In order to build a subaru power sand rail I think I need a subaru motor, VW tranny, subaru to VW tranny adapter, wire harness chart, and to make the oil pan not as deep.  Please correct me if I'm wrong and if I need to do anything else.  I really counld not find a complete walk throgh of building one of these.
Does it matter the year of the motor, or can I get what ever I can get my hands on?
Thanks alot
By Mel Adjusted Date 2008-05-09 00:28
Alex. Theres a bunch of guys here that run Subaru's. The transmission type depends on if you plan on rear-engine or mid-engine. Because of the power output of the Subie you'll need something that can handle it. If you plan on a rear-engine conversion there's abunch of guys that will jump in and help you here and walk you right threw it. If it's a mid-engine just ask, I can help in this area. By the way, Welcome to DBA
At my age.. Everything I buy comes with a lifetime guarantee..
http://mel-adjusted.zoints.com/
Previous Next Up Topic Engines / Subbug - Subaru Power / New to Subaru power (2914 hits)