the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Dune Buggy ID Help needed - X-Files / Needs Photos: Bee Craft Buggy? (4487 hits)
By AMY V 838 Date 2008-03-17 18:59 Edited 2008-03-19 16:02
I have a buggy that I know nothing about other than it might be a Bee Craft (?) buggy out of Texas. It does have some sort of plate/tag that says Texas.  I have searched the internet and can find nothing on this type of buggy.  It's hand-laid fiberglass, tail-lights are molded into rear-end (fit mustang lights perfectly); has a "nose" on the hood (tear-drop shaped); dash is attached to hood; curvy fenders in front and rather flat rear fenders; low on the sides. Really neat body style. I'll get a picture out.  It can also be seen at cerealcitytubclub.com--got to members and look under Amy VanZandt; it's not the greatest picture.

Thanks!
amy

Attachment: mybuggy.bmp (441.1k)
By Jay H (X-20) (ManxVair CC) Date 2008-03-17 21:21 Edited 2008-03-17 21:25
Amy, I'm not familiar with the Bee Craft, but it looks like it is an Allied that has been copied/modified. Allied never put a teardrop on their hood, and the hood is similar with the lines under that teardrop.  The body looks like a dead ringer for an Allied, so I would say with a tag that says something about a company from Texas, its likely a different company that copied the Allied.

Can you post a picture of the tag? Also a picture of the dash would be great. I wonder if the teardrop on the hood was an added feature or if it is molded in. I don't suppose you have any pictures from the back side of the hood do you?

Thanks,
Jay

P.S. here's a link to the allied models (scroll down to Allied). Have a look. Picture yours without the teardrop on the hood and let me know if you think it may be based on the Allied.

http://www.dunebuggyarchives.com/decision-tree/leafs/BuggyId/?first=a
By Jay H (X-20) (ManxVair CC) Date 2008-03-20 13:48
Amy, I did a little search on BEE CRAFT and found the following information:
Bee-Crafts Fiberglass Fabricators, Inc.  Texas

I think I can say that this is definitely an Allied body that was copied and a hood scoop was added. I came across a picture of the Bee-Crafts buggy and the teardrop was formed as one with the hood, so this isn't an owner modified Allied.

I can safely say that this was copied from the Allied body because we have the owner of Allied Fiberglass, Albert, who routinely joins us on Thursday afternoons/evenings on our Skypecasts. Albert has shared with us that many companies copied them.

Anyway, it would be great if you could provide us more photos, especially of the tag, dash, tail from the rear, and hood from the front. Then we can add your buggy into the ID system.

Thanks,
Jay

Jay
By Bee-craft Date 2013-08-18 04:49 Edited 2013-08-18 14:53
I'll say this looks like a Bee-Crafts inc. buggy... I have a Bee-Craft that is a long body. Tear drop, hood, dash molded to hood , same exact rear as yours they were made in TX. Mine has no top

Mine is not finished yet but ill post some pics of it soon.

I do not believe that the hood feature was added it was molded in ...

And it is BEE-CRAFTS with an S then Inc.
By Reed C 1436 Date 2019-02-20 01:54
trying to post a img

By Paul Moran (DBA Architect) Date 2019-02-20 16:09
Thanks Reed, for the Bee Craft plate! That's great to see what the original plates looked like. Paul...
Chicago, IL
EMPI Imp 1002 ('69)/Subaru EJ20 Turbo/LinkPlus ECU
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Dune Buggy ID Help needed - X-Files / Needs Photos: Bee Craft Buggy? (4487 hits)