the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Dune Buggy Build Advice / To restore fiberglass or not.. (1502 hits)
By Dee H 4682 Date 2016-04-20 14:36
I have a barn find Sand Rover T.  1969. Runs great needs brakes done. Question is weather the buggy is worth more restored or left as is, the glass that is.  I have seen where other types of cars are worth more in rough condition.  What are the thoughts here?
By Jeffrey P 655 Date 2016-04-20 17:00
Your Sand Rover T can be worth $200-$6000 I would say.

$6000 would include a quality paint job, a built motor, full set of gauges, roll cage, nice wiring, etc etc. so you would likely spend more than $6000 to have a $6000 buggy.

A body in poor condition does not add value. Remember...this is a Sand Rover T...it is not a Manx. There is no collectability associated with it.

Now,  a runner (starts, stops, drives) is worth more than a non-runner.

So if you are looking to flip it then get it running, driving, and stopping and maybe you might make a bit (depending on how well you bought it). If you are thinking of marketing it as a "barn find" and getting more money then you will be disappointed.

The majority of buggies I think fall into the "barn find" category.
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Dune Buggy Build Advice / To restore fiberglass or not.. (1502 hits)