the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Introduce Yourself and Your Buggy / New Buggy for Doris (possibly a Getaway by DMCO in NH) (5065 hits)
By andrew s 1965 Date 2011-12-23 17:25
I am please to officially introduce My Wife Doris and her new yellow buggy!!
We picked this up from Tina in October, outside of Boston Mass who was/is a member of the Bug Club.
This is a great buggy and will serve my wife well.
This buggy we think is a "getaway Twice" (II) made by DMCO in New Hampshire.
Anyone who knows anything about this buggy your comments will be appreciated.
Currently this buggy sits on a 1960 pan
early 70's engine that we were told has been punched out to 1835 cc. I had my Mechanic do some oil leak fixing on this and he confirmed work has been done on heads with roller lifters (I think he said that) duel carbs, aluminum fly wheel etc and he could easily see this as a 90 plus HP build fed by an electric fuel pump
All VDO electric gauges which are great and I recommend to anyone
4 way Disc brakes which I personally like and want to do to my Allison
Black powder coated bumpers
Scatt seats
Chrome rims
Sumbrella snap on soft top
This buggy has been very nicely built and needs very little work and Doris is pleased with it just the way it sits so I can keep working on my buggy!!!!
Doris has promised to make it with her buggy to a few local shows in CT this year so we will see her out and about.
Thanks....

By andrew s 1965 Date 2011-12-23 17:33
I also want to add another picure of Doris' yellow buggy which I took while at the Volksvair 2009 Buggy show in Mass.
Who would have thought almost 3 years later Doris would owne it?

By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2011-12-24 14:06
New Hampshire, that wouldnt come into my head for the life of me, LOL, I told you it was a gettaway but just couldnt get new hampshire to stick in my head for some reason, guess my brain must be overloaded, LOL, Merry Christmas.
By Brian B 1822 Date 2011-12-24 15:05
I think Doris needs to eat a little more and stop doing the P90X routine. She is looking a little thin sitting in the driver seat! The buggy looks great.
Brian Boggs,Katy Texas
ThunderBug, Surfer GT, 49 Dodge
By andrew s 1965 Date 2011-12-24 23:22
Brian
Yes doris needs to put some meat on her bones!!
Ken,
I knew we would figure it out and if anyone has info on this make please let me know as well
Happy holidays guys!
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Introduce Yourself and Your Buggy / New Buggy for Doris (possibly a Getaway by DMCO in NH) (5065 hits)