the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / General Discussion / Rebel Wire (11551 hits)
By Kellison Jim Date 2011-04-07 03:02
I heard so many of you recommend Rebel Wire, so I decided to pick up a wiring harness from them for my Sportsman. I also talked Bob into joining us folks at DBA and he did. I forget what his screen name is but will contact him tomorrow and get it so that if any of us have questions we can ask the man himself!
Kellison Jim
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2011-04-07 03:55
Thats great Jim, I started talking him up on here after talking to Bob on the phone and decideing to go with his wireing harness for Blue Moon Dune, some here had other ideas for wireing at that time, but I have noticed that they now recommend Rebel wire, LOL, after comparing his prices to EZ wire, and others I felt his were much more affordable, Keep up the good work Bob, and thanks for making a quality affordable harness !!!                                 Ken...................
By JACK 1467 Date 2011-04-07 22:35
so you would say that rebel wireing  is the better then ez wire  for what we have .??
By Rick M 333 Date 2011-04-07 23:31
I had an EZ wire kit and while it looked good, within a month the fuse box fried itself internally. And no, it wasn't overloaded with anything extra... it just went *poof*....
By Brad H 1498 Date 2011-04-07 23:38
Good News to be sure. I have been looking at their harness' for my upcoming Bug project. I want to put the fuse box in the rear seat area as the dash area will be completely sealed for the one piece nose going on the car.

brad
By Kellison Jim Date 2011-04-07 23:46
I talked to Bob tonight and he said he would be more than happy to answer our wiring questions. He wasn't sure if his registration onto DBA was completed so I sent him a test PM to see if all's well. If all is well, you can PM Bob at REBEL43.
Kellison Jim
By Kellison Jim Date 2011-04-07 23:49
Forgot to mention.... I received my Rebel Wire Harness today along with a Ground Kit and it looks high quality and comes with easy instructions too...
Kellison Jim
By REBEL43 Date 2011-04-08 00:40
Jim thanks for the good words, Looks like i'm registered. I hope I can be of help on wiring problems.I'm very lucky to have a lot of friends with a lot of knowledge.
Bob
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2011-04-08 03:10
By no means am I talking negative about any other wireing companys out there !!!!! All I know is even though some of us have a hard time with wireing it is not Rocket Sciene, some like Jeffery have a natural givin talent, some of us struggle some,   Bob asked me if I wanted to be a dealer, all I am concerned with is for someone to care, give a good deal, make it simple and stand behind what he does, none of us can ask for anymore than that, Welcome REBEL 43 .                         Ken............................
By Jeffrey P 655 Date 2011-04-08 13:55
REBEL,

Welcome aboard. I would love to have some info on the ground kit. I am in the middle of wiring my Avenger and am shocked at home many grounds I am using. Of course I probably don't do it the most efficiant way.

Still...interested in info on that kit.

Jeff
By Brad H 1498 Date 2011-04-08 14:14
Welcome Bob. Thanks for joining us.

Ken, some guys can paint, others can string wire. We all got our tallents. Like my AC Delco instructor says,"It's all just powers and grounds, no matter how complicated the circuit, it's just powers and grounds, electricity is stupid"

I've seen your paint jobs... you gots talent

brad
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2011-04-08 16:48
Well Thanks Brad, after allmost 36 years of it I might have learned a thing or 2, LOL, I started when I was 16 after school and on saturdays and summers. Have a great weekend buddy I hope your having buggy weather now !!!                       Ken......................
By Brad H 1498 Date 2011-04-08 21:18
Buggy weather??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

brad
By Allison Daytona Ken Date 2011-04-09 04:22
OH my BAD
By REBEL43 Date 2011-04-09 23:20
Jeffrey
Take a look on our web site, www.rebelwire.com
for pic's and info on ground kit
Bob
By stressfree s 2527 Date 2011-04-15 08:38
i like the rebel wire kit got me out of the hole.only thing on my model t wires could be longer.besides that ok.
By Kellison Jim Date 2011-04-15 12:26
I went with the VW Bug harness versus the Rail Buggy kit for that reason. It will give me more length plus more circuits for any additions I might need.
Kellison Jim
By Jeffrey P 655 Date 2011-04-15 13:33
On my EZ kit on my Avenger kit car I estimate that I ran about 250 feet of just ground wire.
By Bryan A 229 Date 2011-04-23 16:37
Welcome to the forum, Bob! I spoke with you by phone @ a month ago; life has had a way of temporarily sidelining my buggy projects!

Look forward to getting a harness soon!

Bryan in NC
Previous Next Up Topic Public / General Discussion / Rebel Wire (11551 hits)