the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / State by State Dune Buggy registration info ... / Maryland title, registration, and license (5696 hits)
By John S 2 Date 2009-07-10 22:06
Maryland title, registration, and license experiences posted in this thread
John Shepard the DBA DuneBuggyArchives.com
founder
By Jim C 2431 Date 2011-01-18 19:40
BE CAREFUL .. on how you talk at the window.  I said the magic 'Wrong Words':  DUNE BUGGY...   "Oooops! I didn't mean D-U-N-E  Buggy!" 

Too late .. they slammed the door on me. The car was built/titled/plated in VA .. moved to OH where the title reads; 'Homemade'.  A deal killer.  The easiest thing for the window person to say was; "I have to speak to my supervisor." .. the supervisor say; "I have to call Glen Burnie."  ..."GB said no." 

End of conversation.  Careful.

Jim
By Jeff GS Date 2011-01-18 22:19
You might try a title service - that's my plan anyway.  They should be able to tell you what you'll need for registration, any special paperwork, etc. on getting title transferred and plates.
I think Street Rod plates are about the most applicable for "custom cars" like fiberglass buggies.

My Deserter was last titled in VA too, but as a Deserter convertible (I believe).  I plan to advertise it as a "kit car" that I rebuilt and made road worthy again.

Jeff
By Jimmy M 4984 Date 2017-04-16 17:15
Jeff,  I long overdue reply, but even tho' AAA is about as suited to the times as Harness Racing or Marbles, they have a direct feed into the DMV computer and I got them to get me a title.  I had to 'join' but at least I was able to bypass the counter people at the DMV. 

Jimmy
Previous Next Up Topic Public / State by State Dune Buggy registration info ... / Maryland title, registration, and license (5696 hits)