the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Dune Buggy Models / Manx SR and SR2 / Manx SR Rear Bumperettes (4185 hits)
By Glenn M 2388 Date 2010-09-17 01:37
Does anyone know of a source for the rear bumper rubber on the Manx SR?
By Bryan A 229 Date 2010-11-30 01:40
The front/rear 'bumperettes' were made by BF Meyers to their design; they are not a standard item from any production vehicle.

Bryan
By Jeff GS Date 2010-11-30 17:58
There is a guy on a 914 forum I follow that makes all kinds of reproduction rubber parts for 914's.  He might be approachable for re-making some of these bumpers - if some demand was there?  I'm guessing it would take a commitment (and maybe deposit) for a dozen sets or so before he would agree to molding these - otherwise the cost gets too high.

Would there be enough demand to do a small reproduction run?  Based on the general (lack-of) SR traffic here (and I know of no other SR message board) - I'm guessing not.

Are there any DIY rubber molding kits out there?

Jeff
By Rick M 333 Date 2010-12-01 02:49
Tom was progressing in making a set of molds before he had to close his shop. I don't know how far he actually got, but I'm guessing not too far. I was going to try to mold mine by taking a casting of my original and cleaning it up. There are quite a few casting kits on the market; it's not hard, just a little time consuming... plus trying to find the correct durometer rubber to mold!
Previous Next Up Topic Dune Buggy Models / Manx SR and SR2 / Manx SR Rear Bumperettes (4185 hits)