the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / General Discussion / Where to get a bikini top for my buggy. (8112 hits)
By Johnny B 2366 Date 2010-09-01 00:21
I've just about finished with my buggy and I can't find a upolstry shop in my area.I live north of Atl. Ga. and I really don't want to have to go into Atl. unless I have to.Anybody out there have any clue were I can get a top for a resonable price?
By Jay H (X-20) (ManxVair CC) Date 2010-09-01 01:21
Hey Johnny,
Just bustin your stones.... I know this is a rotating banner, but imagine the irony when I'm reading your post and right below it turns up this:

By Jay H (X-20) (ManxVair CC) Date 2010-09-01 01:27
Ok, seriously... That is the BEST top out there. I've seen it, touched it, and oogled over it. It's HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY and will NOT flap around in the wind like many others will.

It is however, not cheap. In my opinion it's worth every penny though.

Here's the bad: If you have a square windshield (like I do on my UWISH buggy) then it will simply not fit. It was designed for the extruded aluminum frame that has radius corners. As long as you have the Manx style windshield it will fit.

Now if you are looking for something very economical, I have heard some people have tried JEEP bikini tops with varying outcomes. There are tons of aftermarket manufacturers out there that sell jeep bikini tops. just google jeep bikini top and you'll see.

Good luck,
Jay
By Johnny B 2366 Date 2010-09-02 00:26
Thanks for the responce,I've tried to bring up the websight for that shop but it always says it can't be displayed.You say it's high dollar,how high is it?
By Jay H (X-20) (ManxVair CC) Date 2010-09-02 18:27
I know Tom was having his site redesigned a while ago. Mmaybr its still down? In any event, I want to say that it is just over 300, like 325 maybe?  I would certainly try to call Tom though. He may have adjusted his price. I'm going off of memory and that was just as the product was hitting the market.

Jay
By BigTonkaKid Date 2010-09-03 16:47 Edited 2010-09-03 18:29
The tops are only $250 + shipping.  It's 7-10 days for production and with shipping it takes about 2 weeks to get it. I know he also ships them all over the world but have no idea on the shipping times on that.
Give him a call 516-338-TRIM (8746)
By Jay H (X-20) (ManxVair CC) Date 2010-09-04 20:05
Hey thanks Big Tonka, for setting the record straight. I don't know why I recall it being that high, but glad it's lower than I remember it to be. That's not as bad then... and I know the quality is top notch.

Jay
Previous Next Up Topic Public / General Discussion / Where to get a bikini top for my buggy. (8112 hits)