the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Announcements / NORRA RACE POSTPONED (3971 hits)
By MonoManx7 (manxologist) Date 2009-09-11 20:07
All,

You ahve not heard from my brother or I for some time. WE were feverishly attempting to finish the NORRA racer but ran in to time and financial woes.

BUT,NORRA officially announced that they have postponed the race until early 2010 due to Hurricane Jimena which pulverized Baja Sur. This somber news about the hardships of the Baja residents has fortunately bolstered our opportunity to still run the race.

NORRA has asked for donations to help support relief funds for Baja residents. Go to the NORRA webpage for more information. We have many more photos to post...and I will get to that soon.

Chris\
By Jay H (X-20) (ManxVair CC) Date 2009-09-11 21:19
Have you set up a donation web site for paypal or something? That might help the financial woes.

Jay
By MonoManx7 (manxologist) Date 2009-09-11 22:50
Jay,

As far as we are concerned, we should be able to pull this thing together for next year.

We will need some items still for our endeavour including a GPS, some in car communication to name a couple. I really do not want to ask for financial help as everyone in the nation is having those same problems. If we could borrow some things that would be ideal.

The NORRA website does not have a manner to paypal them for the relief effort..I will talk to them about that.

Chris
By Jay H (X-20) (ManxVair CC) Date 2009-09-12 00:37
Chris,
When you say GPS do you meaqn GPS navigation or GPS like a hand held GPS thing for hiking? I have a Tom-Tom One, but I don't think there are any other maps loaded on it besides the U.S.

Jay
By MonoManx7 (manxologist) Date 2009-09-13 03:15
Jay,

We need to have some type of GPS system. Ideally it would be large enough to be able to see and read at 40-50 mph on a bumpy road. Plus it will have to support BAJA and Mexico.I know that some GPS systems do not function outside of the US as they do not have mapping support.

Chris
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Announcements / NORRA RACE POSTPONED (3971 hits)