the Dune Buggy Archives
DBA Forum - Not logged in
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Announcements / Officially licensed Wheel Centers????? (7137 hits)
By John S 2 Date 2009-03-03 17:19
Anyone know if these are really officially licensed products?? As the ad states.
I don't want to buy them if they are from a pirate. This guy seems to sell everything.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220371596065

Anyone know who is running the Manx Store now?
Thanks
John
John Shepard the DBA DuneBuggyArchives.com
founder
By Rick M 333 Date 2009-03-03 17:51
I can't remotely imagine this guy is affiliated with the Manx club. Those logos are hacked in worst way. If you go to his website, it's littered with misspellings, and there isn't even a "store" to work with. Looks like most of his stuff is on eBay. Maybe the Meyers ought to know about this....
By Manxter 87 Date 2009-03-05 02:51
I believe Winnie is still running the Manx store.  I bet she would like to know about this.
By Bugvert 81 Date 2009-03-05 13:48
They may be legit.
Gorilla Automotive Products is a big company over 30 years old.

http://www.gorilla-auto.com/

Perhaps thier some NOS from years ago.
By Rick M 333 Date 2009-03-05 15:02
One way to find out: I emailed Gorilla about the auctions to see if it was legit merchandise. I'm still very skeptical. Look at the enlarged photo of one of the discs - see how ragged that image of the logo looks? Any reputable retailer wouldn't let that out the door - I sure wouldn't!
By Kustoms Date 2009-03-05 16:35
They are most definitely NOT legitimate. Do not buy them.
By MonoManx7 (manxologist) Date 2009-05-16 04:23
FYI, I live in Anderson and these are not legit center stickers. Even though it says Gorilla on the image, they are packaging these themselves. They have someone making them (corvette, chevy, dodge, VW, mercedes....you name it). I informed Winnie about this back when they were posted to ebay. I believe she told them to cease and desist.
By Jose Date 2009-07-09 02:37
The MANX Store is operated by Meyers MANX, Inc.  www.meyersmanx.com 
Winnie has been informed about this guy several times. 
Last I heard, she was having a notice sent to them about their product.
These are not authorized by Meyers MANX, Inc.
Previous Next Up Topic Public / Announcements / Officially licensed Wheel Centers????? (7137 hits)